• This topic has 52 replies, 47 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by D0NK.
Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Are you a better rider now than you were ten years ago?
  • Ambrose

Less strength, but skillz are up. Endurance remains the same. Overall, slightly faster on an all-day XC ride nowadays. Which is nice. I’m 49.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Same as OP really. Fitness the same, but i’ve lost that “who cares” attitude to chucking my self down mountains and over sharp pointy rocks that i used to have 10 years ago.

As a consequence i think i’m slower.

racefaceec90

no 🙁

Diane
    Free Member

Ha – very Vicky Pollard Kevevs 🙂

senorj

Yes & No.
    As I’ve “ahem” matured , I am alot more careful than I was – which means slower.But I can endure more suffering now than 10 years ago.

jedi

Kona TC :: post # 10
    … Yep been Jedi ed

Thanks man 🙂

rewski
    Free Member

Yes, but only because my lifestyle has changed, 10 years ago I was too busy dj-ing at getting mashed til the early hours.

GW
    Free Member

Not hugely better just different!
    Was def fitter and leaner 10 years ago and my times round an XC race loop or down a DH race track would have been faster. 10years back I would have still been away crashing my brains out all over the country most weekends racing/riding DH, I haven’t pushed myself for an entire DH run in a good 5 years now but despite just arseing around on bikes now I still enjoy varied/challenging/interesting riding, there’s nothing I could have ridden 10years back I couldn’t still ride. although due to an injury I need to ride in a foot brace most of the time and comparitively I’m shite at wheelies now (can still wheelie well, staying at the balance point is just not so fluid) in many small ways I am a better rider now but more than that, I’m a cleverer rider and have a far better understanding of my own riding. I rarely wear a helmet these days, 10 years back that would have seemed like madness!
    still riding pretty much the same set-up’s on all my bikes as I was 10years back too (infact 3 of them I’ve had longer than 10years).

chakaping
    Free Member

Yes way better, but I was not very good at all 10 years ago.

Improvement due to a combination of the people I now ride with, the amazing bikes we have now, riding gnarlier places more often, practicing and some skills training.

But as “good” as I think I’m getting relative to myself in the past, it seems there are more and more people who are better than me and who are getting better quicker!

epo-aholic
    Free Member

i’d say so, however……… 19 years ago i would’ve been better as i was riding full rigid and natural off-piste trails <proper hardcore> couldn’t do that now!! 😀

jwt
    Free Member

Yes.

singlecrack
    Free Member

Better rider – Yes
    Faster rider – probably not
    Definitely not so ‘Gung Ho’

(being self employed and family responsibilities have taken their toll,,,,,oh and old age)

D0NK

yes, still can’t wheely still can’t jump but all the stuff I normally do I’m getting better at. My bottle/cajones/bravery doesn’t seem to be diminishing too much with age, good job really as I never had much to start with.

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Are you a better rider now than you were ten years ago?’ is closed to new replies.