Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • are you 5'10" and have a blue pig if so what size ?
  • firestarter
    Free Member

as above thanking you 😉

hora
    Free Member

nbt (Julian) on here rides a 16" and is 5ft10.

mr_mills
    Free Member

I'm 5'10" and I've got a 16" MmmBop (same geometry). Fits perfectly and there's no way I could ride an 18".

hora
    Free Member

mick – text me on the mobile.

Ed-O
    Free Member

Get a demo ride

Look at top tube length as a guide. I'm 5'8" and ride a 16" I'd image that will be fine for you.

Blower
    Free Member

close one at that height,bit more reach in an 18" at 5ft 10

kaiser
    Free Member

yet again….. 🙄
    don't buy a frame according to your height!!!!!!
    it's leg length and reach that matters.

firestarter
    Free Member

thats no bloody good tho kaiser with these as both are only 5mm different in reach and plenty of standover on both

firestarter
    Free Member

mark ygm mate

mr_mills
    Free Member

both are only 5mm different in reach and plenty of standover on both

The top tube lengths are 1/2" different – thats nearer 13mm. But it's still not a lot, and the difference in standover height is much greater.

I've got shortish legs for my height (inside leg about 31") and there is very little standover clearance on my 16". An inch if that.

Unless you've got REALLY long legs you need a 16".

Blower
    Free Member

Brant told me at 5ft11 wi a 31" inseam go for 18"

firestarter
    Free Member

told me a 16 lol same inseam as you same sizing as 456 it seems lol thanks for the info prob 16 sounds best

Blower
    Free Member

so you need to be a giant to have an 18" then lol??

firestarter
    Free Member

i guess so 😉

Blower
    Free Member

dont think standover is a concern for me,rather have a bit of room on this frame.my nackers do touch the toptube but **** it,sit on the bike and it feels right,16 woulda been too small imo…

hora
    Free Member

mi©k- using the right email? Im not at work at all this week. Use markhoracekukATyahoo.com

Kaiser you've just described a frames size 😉

I must be honest though- I dont agree with the 'shoe-sizing' approach to mountain bike frames.

brant
    Free Member

I generally completely ignore inseam measurement as I've no idea how to measure it, and methods vary between people. Also if you've got short legs for your height, you need more reach, so it all works out generally.

If you're 5'11" and sound quite sensible, you'll get recommended to go for an 18in. If you sound like a bit of a nutter (and I will ask), then you'd get recommended to go for a 16in.

If you're 5'10" or smaller, a 16in.

The top tube is only half an inch longer, but the seat angle steepens half a degree too – the reach and stack dimensions on this page might help.

http://www.ragleybikes.com/geometry/

firestarter
    Free Member

merci 🙂

Blower
    Free Member

Hmm how come you dint recomend me the 16" then 🙂

hora
    Free Member

Mick- still no mail? Send me a text?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘are you 5'10" and have a blue pig if so what size ?’ is closed to new replies.