• This topic has 7 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by momo.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Are XT trail pedals really that much better than deore?
  • pembo6
    Free Member

I’m talking about the “trail” style pedals with the small platform.
    I’ve currently got deore M530 and I’m wondering if it’s worth upgrading to XT level.
    Realistically, what’s the difference? Will I be like “wow! I wish I had these earlier”?

Thanks

sandwicheater

I run both the XT and M530. I’m too rubbish to notice the difference other than price.

TBF, my XT’s are older/more worn so, little harder to compare.

rocketman
    Free Member

Functionally there’s no difference

However Shimano have done a very good job of making the XTs look a lot better than the 530s and you’re reminded of the few quid you’ve saved every time you look at your bike

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    nickc

bit of colour, bit of weight, use of allen headed bolts instead of screw headed, probably some difference with bearing quality.

PJM1974
    Free Member

I’ve both XT and Deore too. The XT is black, the Deore white (previously fitted to a blue frame with white forks).

The Deore is a smidge heavier, but that’s about it.

pembo6
    Free Member

Looks like im sticking with the m530 then.
    Thanks all.

richmtb

But… but

XT!

momo

I have a pair of m540s, must be at least 6 years old, look a bit scruffy but still work perfectly. bought some XT trail ones a couple of years back, bearings dead within a year, switched to flats otherwise would have replaced them with 530s!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Are XT trail pedals really that much better than deore?’ is closed to new replies.