Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Are we ready for another 'which saddle' topic?
  • butcher

One of those ones where I ask, which saddle? And you guys respond, ‘whichever one suits you’.

Seriously though, I’m finding it tough. Don’t know any local shops that would do a fitting. Just bought a saddle and it’s horrendous. But I do now, I think, have an idea of what I want.

Measured my sit bones (very inaccurately) at 135mm. Ish. Charge Spoon is OK, but starts digging in on longer rides. I’m pretty sure I need something not too different from the spoon, but a touch wider at the rear.

It’s for the road bike, if that makes a difference.

nickjb
    Free Member

You could try the Charge ladle. Ladies version of the spoon. It looks almost identical but is a little wider. Not sure if there are other differences in the middle, though

rootes1

where the spoon digging in? on the edges?

butcher

where the spoon digging in? on the edges?

Around the sit bones, I’d say. I haven’t ridden it for a few weeks now so it’s hard for me to say. The road bike currently has the unbranded saddle it came with, which is much bigger and super comfy….but it has a wider nose and begins to chafe on long rides.

rickon
    Free Member

135mm is pretty narrow, 145 is a spoon iirc. Have a try of the Bontrager Evoke RL, it has a 30 day comfort guarantee so if you don’t like it you hand it back to the shop for a full refund! Even if you’ve destroyed it!

rootes1

i got on well with the spoon but the edges dug in, so fizik aliante is a simailar shape but edge neater..

you can get loan saddles from specialized, selle italia and fizik…

well worth using them to test stuff out

edhornby

I have switched from a spoon to one of these

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=45527

limited colours available now… but it’s based on a velo saddle base so some google trickery could help

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Are we ready for another 'which saddle' topic?’ is closed to new replies.