Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Are we not men? (or women)
  • BobaFatt
    Free Member

Do we need to toughen up? M(W)TFU if you will??

I was watching the 12.12.12/Sandy Relief concert that was on Sky Arts the other night and there was plenty of pictures and video of people who had lost everything, but all getting together to rebuild, men and women, young and old pulling together.

Now people can say what they want about America, but when it comes to natural, or indeed all, disasters, the blue collar people all seem to have an “All Work/No Quit” mentality and just get on with it.

Made me think, I moan far too much, I watch too much TV, I could do more around the house, I don’t work hard enough. It honestly makes me worry that when things happen in this country we have a tendency to sit back and make it other peoples problems…..maybe it’s just me.

ChrisA66
    Free Member

No, we are Devo

MSP

The Philippines seem to get hit by worse storms every year, certainly the body count is higher. They get on with it and recover without being one of the richest nations in the world. The US media likes to portray an image of themselves, that rarely meets the reality.

maccruiskeen

Made me think, I moan far too much, I watch too much TV, I could do more around the house, I don’t work hard enough. It honestly makes me worry that when things happen in this country we have a tendency to sit back and make it other peoples problems…..maybe it’s just me.

perhaps you’ve never needed help or been the person best placed to help someone else. You can be the most giving and philanthropic person on the planet, but you also need to be in the right place at the right time and able to offer the right help. If that were to happen I doubt you could stop yourself.

Now and then I do my bit for other people but I’m lucky (or rather it is my luck) that I know of people that I can be a help to and have a bit of time and resource. I’ve got a bit of an act of random kindness for a stranger lined up for later this week…. all being well.

Rubber_Buccaneer

OP, I had to snigger that you had posted on here rather than doing something more constructive. Sorry 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Are we not men? (or women)’ is closed to new replies.