Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Are we mad?
  • azarat
    Free Member

I have been told on many occasions by my wife that I must be made to go out in "that wether" but I have just looked out of the window here in BRAUNTON and my neighbor is scraping his car to rid the ice whilst wearing a wet suit and wooly hat with his surfboard propped against his car. The local wether station has just recorded a temp of -10 at 07:00 hrs. Now whos mad me? Is it me with a cup of warm coffee and the fire on or him?

enfht
    Free Member

I've given up explaining to people that the temperature change they experience walking out of their front door bears no relation, or that I dont actually get cold when I'm out for hours. If that makes me mad then I'm a complete mentalist 😉

snaps
    Free Member

He's not going surfing – he's going posing down the Thatch in Croyde 😉

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

The water temperature won't be much lower than normal for this time of year.

clubber
    Free Member

I can vouch that when the weather gets colder, sports where you're in the water don't actually get much worse in terms of getting cold because the sea/rivers take a long time to heat/cool significantly. Admittedly the bit between being in/on the water and getting into dry clothes may be worse but then you can deal with that…

tinsy
    Free Member

Must be a very nice swell, quite normal behaviour.

alpin
    Free Member

i remember going land kiting up at Hunstanton sometime in january. on the way back to the car i met this guy half naked in a wetsuit who was almost blue and shivering like crazy. i gave the guy a hand removing his wetsuit and gave him a towel i had in the van.

we then thought it'd be a good idea to go to the pub inorder to warm up. we ended up spending several hours in the pub and i had to sleep it off in the back of my van before i could drive the two hours home.

fettling
    Free Member

alpin, removing his wetsuit and towelling him dry in the back of your van…. :-0

toys19
    Free Member

and then ending up in the pub together!

Jerome
    Free Member

And then sleeping it off.

Pook

drinking, rubber, towelling down…..

ooh sexy

nonk
    Free Member

and then driving home.

Jamie
    Free Member

This thread took an unexpected sexy turn!

MrNutt
    Free Member

alpin you is the big dawg!

Fatsimon you've rested on your laurels too long, now look what's happened!

LoCo
    Free Member

modern winter wetsuits are amazing with boots and gloves can float about/try and surf for ages, thinking of getting a hood too as the 'ice cream' headaches when the first wave lands on your head are horrid. Yes I know i'll probably look like a gimp before you say it!

zomersetglider

I'd be going in if I was down there…3ft and clean according to eyeball

http://www.eyeball-surfcheck.co.uk/

alpin
    Free Member

😀 yeah, but forgot to say this guy was out in his summer wetsuit.

carlosg
    Free Member

I'm still delivering peoples letters in shorts , if I wear long trousers I get too hot.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Are we mad?’ is closed to new replies.