Viewing 11 posts - 81 through 91 (of 91 total)
  • Are Watches on the way out?
  • peakmonster
    Free Member

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

Oh, I also ride with a chap who repairs and deals in expensive watches: Rolex, Cartier, real top end £70,000+++ watches.

I asked him once if he wore one himself. –
    "Good god no!"
    **takes off watch, bashes it on the table**
    "Cheap Casio. Unbreakable!"

I take it by that you're suggesting that as a watch repairer he has enough free spend to buy a 70k watch, but he chooses a cheap casio instead. Like a Ferrari mechanic drives a Fiesta because he chooses to. 😉

jam-bo

mine is away being repaired at the moment. I quite miss it.

KT1973
    Free Member

I have a g-shock that I wear for work and bike. It's been all around the world with me and never missed a beat, and a couple of weeks ago I lost it and I'm gutted

chiefgrooveguru

The only time I don't wear a watch is when MTBing as the Edge 205 has a GPS clock and doesn't rattle on my wrist. It also tells you the sunset time which theoretically keeps me from being caught out in the back of beyond without lights, thought the reality is somewhat different…

meesterbond

I'm never without a watch – just doesn't feels right…
    I think I must own about a dozen at the moment, from a Parmigiani dress watch through to a hundred year old Hunter pocket watch…

Woody
    Free Member

Same here. I don't like removing whichever one I have on even to have a shower.

KT1973. I have a g-shock in v.g.c I never wear (strap irritates me after a few hours) which you can have for £10 posted. Can't remember the model but it's solar powered and sets itself to the atomic clock (or something similar) if you happen to be in America !

shermer75
    Free Member

"This is your birthright. Five long years he hid this watch up his ass. " Quality!

zaskar
    Free Member

Got myself a nice automatic watch that winds itself so no dam battery to run out.

Ok it's one of those shake things, 14carrot gold plated bracelet strap and some kind of sailing/slide rule chrono thing. Quite bulky but I'm not little a mans watch but…

I'm just happy it has the date and time and will take a pounding for a while. I can't be bothered to read 20 pages of navigation instructions but finding north was handy.

Found a cheap M&S watch in a drawer, I use while riding or DIY car jobs etc and it needs 2 batteries for £6 online and I think I can buy a new watch for that!

KT1973
    Free Member

Woody – Member

Same here. I don't like removing whichever one I have on even to have a shower.

KT1973. I have a g-shock in v.g.c I never wear (strap irritates me after a few hours) which you can have for £10 posted. Can't remember the model but it's solar powered and sets itself to the atomic clock (or something similar) if you happen to be in America !

PM sent

KT1973
    Free Member

Woody, I tried to mail you at the address on your profile but it bounced back. Could you email me at karl1doon at hotmail dot com

Viewing 11 posts - 81 through 91 (of 91 total)

The topic ‘Are Watches on the way out?’ is closed to new replies.