Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Are these eBay Pike's worth £200
  • andysredmini
    Free Member

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/ROCKSHOX-Pike-RCT3-Solo-Air-160mm-15mm-axle-Tapered-27-5-650b-/112309066857?nav=WATCHING_ACTIVE

A friend is looking for some second hand pikes and sent me a link to these. I can’t believe anyone would pay £50 for them with worn stantions and (cosmetic) cable tie marks from a mudguard let alone £200. I’m a fox fan myself and can’t stand pikes and don’t know much about them but he has asked for some advice. They just scream Un-looked after to me. I could possibly forgive the cable tie marks for the right price but not the stantions. I told him to run away not walk.

mactheknife

Go on Pinkbike, i just got a nearly new set of RC pikes for £230 posted recently.

Some amazing bargains to be had on there sometimes.

chakaping
    Free Member

But hey, they’re boxed!

😆

kimbers

yeah , avoid!

Poopscoop

Yep, absolute mess of a fork for £200!!

I second pinkbike or the STW classifieds myself. I basically build/ maintain my bikes from those 2 sources. 🙂

Junkyard
    Free Member

They are on their last legs as indicated by stanchion wear – which also indicates a lot of use- AVOID

km79
    Free Member

They are probably worth £20.

mb51
    Free Member

Hi. I always say. Only buy used forks if you know who’s selling them , and what kind of life the forks have had. Don’t forget your potentially trusting the forks with your life

martymac

My wife bought a pair of fox float 32 29er 140mm 15mm axle, tapered with a decent length steerer tube, the stanchions were unmarked, she paid £180 for them posted.
    So I reckon these are too expensive.

rickon
    Free Member

forks are in full working order

Not for long.

If ‘full working order’ includes the migration of crap into the lowers, then yes, yes they are.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

They’re fixer uppers.

Here all week

monkeyboyjc

Definite ‘spares or repairs’ only…..

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Are these eBay Pike's worth £200’ is closed to new replies.