Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • SRAM Guide R Brakes: Are these Brakes Pads compatible ?
  • grannyjone
    Free Member

I’ve got a new bike and my older bike has Shimano Deore Brakes and I alway use Uber Bike to get cheaper pads for it.

The brakeset for the new bike is according to the specs: SRAM Guide R, hydraulic disc, Guide S4 4-piston caliper

I’ve looked for them on Uber bike as they are expensive elsewhere and found this: Before ordering, I’d like to check: Would these Pads be compatible ?

https://www.uberbikecomponents.com/view-product/Uberbike-SRAM-Guide-RSC-Guide-RS-Guide-R-Semi-Metallic-Disc-Brake-Pads

oink1
    Free Member

Look like they ought to be ok 🙂

grannyjone
    Free Member

Okay thanks I’ve just ordered a pair. It always surprises me when I look elsewhere than Uberbike how much more expensive pads are. Normally 2X more or more.

joebristol

I’ve found this – the Sram sintered pads I bout last year were so expensive. Replaced them with uberbike sintered and didn’t noice any change in braking power. Wallet was happier though.

Got a new bike a few months ago with Guide R’s with the s4 caliper and assume they use the same pads as the ‘old’ Guides?

Need to decide what type of pads I’ll get when these wear out – think as standard hey probably have organic pads in them. Will be uber – wonder whether to try the race matrix ones.

Any one used this compound – thoughts vs semi metallic / sintered?

oldeh
    Free Member

i solely use the race matrix compound. They don’t last as long as sintered but they are less noisy and offer more power.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘SRAM Guide R Brakes: Are these Brakes Pads compatible ?’ is closed to new replies.