Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Are there any nice places to live around castleford?
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

Might have to consider relocating for the new job. Does anyone know if there are nice bits around castleford you could get into for less than £150k?

ton

methley, fairburn, allerton bywater, ledsham are all pretty nice.

midlifecrashes

Loads of decent villages along or east of the A1 across to the A19. Prices lower as you approach Doncaster and rise as you get Leeds or York commuting. I like Ackworth, Burn, Hemsworth, but there are loads. Few upmarket villages like Wentbridge which might strech your budget too.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I’ve got a little terraced job you can have cheap in Robin Hood Street!

meehaja
    Free Member

Its not too bad, so long as you’re not in Cas. Kippax and Garforth are bigger and pleasant enough. Leeds is ok if you want city living, Selby is a nice little town. Riding is s**t until you start heading north or buy a road bike.

john_drummer
    Free Member

cas vegas eh? No.

bits of Wakefield are ok (Wrenthorpe, Outwood, Walton, Newmillerdam, Stanley, Sandal). Pontefract is supposed to be ok in places.

Methley on the way to Leeds looks nice but I know someone who used to live there – very much a local place for local people. Nearer to Leeds on the same road is Oulton, which is ok, and that runs into Rothwell in one direction & Woodlesford the other, again both nice enough

iain1775
    Free Member

Rothwell
    Robin hood
    Oulton

ton

i live in rothwell…………s’ok i s’ppose 😀

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I’ve got mates in Woodlesford and Garforth – both nice.
    Grandpa lives in Selby – don’t think I’ve ever heard of it described as “a nice little town” before! Suppose it has its better parts (out towards Brayton etc and dead convenient for Cas). Get a lot for your money all around that area…

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I’ve got mates in Woodlesford and Garforth – both nice.

If you think Garforth’s nice you should try Boroughbridge, people actually speak to you in the street! (in a civil manner of course)
    My Mrs lived in Garforth for 17 years & thought it was ‘nice’, since moving to B/bridge she hasn’t missed any of it one bit.
    Mebbe a bit far from Cas though, sorry, I digress. 😉

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Suspect Boroughbridge is a bit more pricey than Garforth though + a bit more (although actually not too bad straight down the A1) of a ball ache to get to Cas. Don’t Boroughbridge residents have webbed feet? Or is that Ripon?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Boroughbridge is miles from Cas! May as well consider Wetherby or Boston Spa if looking that far up the A1. Or Harrogate. You might get a semi-detached dog kennel for £150k there.

soulrider
    Free Member

South Milford is not bad and the pubs are pretty good as well.
    Riding locally is Below Average at best – head to ward Garforth and Leeds it improves.
    Sherburn up the road has alot more amenities but would prefer Milford.

soulrider
    Free Member

Church Fenton is pretty good too and Uleskelf but not sure the prices around there.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Church Fenton!!!! How far are you trying to get OP from Cas?

Edit: I take that back – it is much closer than I thought – for some reason I was thinking of Topcliffe

duffle
    Free Member

<rubs hands>
    There just so happens to be a 4 bed detached going in Thorpe Willoughby just outside Selby for not much 😈

As you move away from Leeds/York towards Selby it does get a bit cheaper, its mostly in reasonable commutable distance to Cas/Leeds/Wakefield etc. Plus the country side(ish) is not more than a mile away but yeah its better for road biking the biggest hill near selby is a railway bridge!!!!

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Don’t Boroughbridge residents have webbed feet? Or is that Ripon?
    I actually do have webbed toes, honestly!. It does flood down by the river though, but not by Morrisons where we are.

Boroughbridge is miles from Cas! May as well consider Wetherby or Boston Spa if looking that far up the A1. Or Harrogate. You might get a semi-detached dog kennel for £150k there.
    Your’e thinking of ‘the golden triangle’, Boston Spa, Clifford & Thorpe Arch etc. Although I’d rent a space in my garage for say, £300 per calendar month?

bullheart
    Free Member

What about Feath? Or Pontecarlo? Folk there are ace…

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Biggest hill near Selby is Brayton Barff. Cheeky but loads of cool little trails there – spent most of my teen years riding there from York (!!) to ride.

igm

Worked in Cas for years. Used to live in Clifford (on A1 near Boston Spa) where there are a few 2 bed flats that would meet the price range. Now live just outside York (house for sale at moment but not at £150).

Who you working for?

SteveBbrain
    Free Member

I’m in Methley as is my riding buddy ‘anotherstan’ the riding isn’t that bad if you are prepared to ride more than 10 miles! You could get yerself down to Bad brains MBC with us for all the Wakey/Morley trails and further afield.

PS ton – do I know you? just spotted your post on another thread last night saying you thought your good lady knows me and Mrs B

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Are there any nice places to live around castleford?’ is closed to new replies.