Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Are there any good deals on 120mm forks?
  • DanW
    Free Member

Hi all,

I am very tempted to try 120mm forks on my Superlight but can’t see many good deals around.

I have Fox FIT 100 RLC’s at the moment which I like and 120 versions can be had for £450. This is about the best deal I could expect for Fox I think. Only real problem is that they are reasonably heavy (relatively speaking).

So my thinking is that if I want something lighter and cheaper than Fox FIT 120’s that pretty much only leaves SIDS. But how light are 15mm thru axle 120mm SIDS in the various guises and which of the confusing range should I be after?

Magura Durin’s would be lovely but I can’t see these particularly cheap anywhere and the 15mm thru axle versions seem hard to come by…

So:
    Cheap- Under £400
    Light- Under 1500g
    15mm Axle
    Standard steerer
    Not fussed on any lockouts bar or otherwise

Are there any good deals to be had or have I pretty much summed it up?

Many thanks, DanW

dukeduvet

Try Merlin, before Christmas got some 2012 reba’s 120mm with 15mm maxle for £240 as they had double discount on.

Might still have some at £270

superstu
    Free Member

£255 on offer (not sure when it runs out) – seems to fit all of your requirements:

http://www.merlincycles.com/bike-shop/frame-forks/forks-shocks/rockshox-suspension-forks/rockshox-reba-rl-forks-2013.html

DanW
    Free Member

Good price on the Rebas but I’d like to save some weight over the current Fox Forks if I am to spend a fair amount of money. Bike snob/ WW I know 😕 Merlin does seem like the only real place for good deals at the moment.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Are there any good deals on 120mm forks?’ is closed to new replies.