Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • are there any full finger gloves for 4yr olds?
  • chriswilk
    Free Member

my youngest daughter of 4 1/2 is now riding the local woods and green/bits of blue at GT. She has me running along beside her for now as extra security.
    She needs some gloves, but all kids gloves I’ve found so far start from age 6 or so and are far too big.

scruff
    Free Member

mine need some aswell, mate tells me Halfrauds is good for them.

weeksy

XS ones from CRC are too big ….just so you know

binners

Cannondale do dinky little kids sizes. I got the youngest her first set at 3. They were tiny! I got them from the LBS (Ken Fosters in Chorlton) but I’m sure any cannondale stockist will have them. Worth trying on at that size

nbt

decathlon are great for kids cycling gear

Tracey

Polaris do kids gloves in varous sizes based on hand circumference

chriswilk
    Free Member

checked decathlon and the smallest they seem to do is 6yrs, will try to find someone with Cannondale and Polaris in stock to try

tomcrow99

Decathlon definately do them, my three yr old has some. They are black and look like DH glove but tiny!

edlong
    Free Member

+1 for Decathlon if you’ve got one nearby, but I find they’re a bit frustrating with sizes and stock. They almost certainly do them, but whether they’ll have any available the day you go in is another matter…

glupton1976
    Free Member

Decathlon.

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/full-mtb-summer-gloves-5-jr-id_8057892.html – them. All decathlon cycling kit is sized for midgets. my 5yr old has an 8yr olds size jacket and it’s on the tight side.

julianwilson
    Free Member

Fly racing gloves are a bit garish for girly girls, but their kids sizes do go right down to the very small indeed.
    See these ones here.
    My six year old fits nicely in an xs size of those, and they go down to xxxs.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

We got some 661 gloves from the shop in Stavely. Bit more expensive but have lasted well and are now being worn by child 2.

wolvesdug
    Free Member

My lad wears Alpine Star ones got them of the bay for a tenner. They are kids MX ones but are excellent for bikes

Bez

Scott make small gloves, my lad has them and he’s only just 3. BBB also make small gloves.

I recall there were some full finger ones in the shop but forget which of those two brands they were.

matthewjb
    Free Member

Fox dirtpaw go down to tiny sizes.

chriswilk
    Free Member

ta all, seems I need to search more

661 kids gloves from alpine at inners are spot on.

chriswilk
    Free Member

interesting, my eldest won an alpine voucher the other day and I’m struggling to see waht to buy with it.

ken_shields
    Free Member

Kids MX gloves are the way to go

DezB
    Free Member

Got my boy some Fox gloves when he was about 5. Great fit, I would’ve offered them to the OP as he’s outgrown them now, but they ain’t for A GIRL. 😉

GW
    Free Member

Why do they “need” gloves?

Fox/661 do pretty small kids biking glove.
    Mothercare etc. for normal gloves

toys19
    Free Member

so that they don’t hurt themselves when they fall off? Or is this another excuse for you to demonstrate how gnarr you are by telling us when you fall it’s in a zen like manner and you always manage an aikido roll/triplepike/catlikelanding.

For normal humans falling involves putting your hands out to catch your fall, hence the prevalence of hand/wrist injuries in falling accidents, and the invention of gloves..

Which bit do you not understand?

DezB
    Free Member

They don’t actually “need” mountain bikes. But they seem to like them.

chriswilk
    Free Member

even if it’s quite warm, think T shirt riding weather, then my 4yr old gets cold hands, in particular on the downs.
    Normal gloves are OK, but she sees the rest of the family with proper biking gloves and wants some.
    Some padding on the palms is good for the inevitable offs she has several times a ride.

MarkN
    Free Member

Has anyone said Decathlon? 🙂

GW
    Free Member

Wow! Toys, get a grip of those insecurities.

My question was whether the gloves were for warmth/comfort/protection/confidence/other. Hece my recommendations.

Some of my kids do NEED gloves to ride Some for warmth, some comfort, some protection and some like me just don’t like or need them.

toys19
    Free Member

Wow! Toys, get a grip of those insecurities.

Did you not have a long and tortured argument a few weeks ago about how you do not need gloves?

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/why-do-almost-all-mountainbikers-wear-gloves-to-ride#post-3998491

From that thread

My instinct is to roll or slide out at high speed. oh.. and you do have time to think.. my personal reaction time is 0.2s – a fairly average time for most humans

binners

Oh dear god! Lets not revisit that, and its claims of zen-like, almost supernatural ability to roll, without putting hands outstretched, even when thrown from a cliff 😉

toys19
    Free Member

binners, this is what he was about to launch into before I deflected him into denying it. I have a zen like ability to spot willy waving, it’s instinctive.

GW
    Free Member

Toys – seriously, get a grip!

This thread is about 4yr olds, an age of child I just so happen to have a huge amount if experience with, Not me.
    Naughty step for you (and put all 19toys back in your ptam when you’ve calmed down.

toys19
    Free Member

yeah yeah GW, whatever!

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Kiddimoto make some very nice fingerless ones:

http://www.kiddimoto.co.uk/accessories

My lad has some and they fit really well.

DezB
    Free Member

Are they full fingered fingerless ones?

ocrider

Thread hijack!

Furthermore, my 4-year old would be far more comfortable with some padded shorts. Anyone know of anywhere that sell them?

FWIW, the smallest Decathlon kids bike clothing is 6yrs, so can we have an alternative answer please!

Junkyard
    Free Member

This thread is about 4yr olds, an age of child I just so happen to have a huge amount if experience with,

well my punchline is not worth the ban

glupton1976
    Free Member

ocrider – decathlon 6yr old stuff is a 3-4yr old in real money.

scruff
    Free Member

What about helmets. My youngest is 3 and his helmet just falls off whatever I do with the straps- are the decathlon ones OK ?

Id prefer them to have a pisspot hardshell type as they will last longer being thrown into / at the garage.

toys19
    Free Member

well my punchline is not worth the ban

I had to resist too.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Are they full fingered fingerless ones?

They are if you wear thin/normal gloves underneath, gives the padded palm.

ocrider

ocrider -decathlon 6yr old stuff is a 3-4yr old in real money.

I would usually agree with that, but the little’un tried them on just to be sure and they were dead saggy 🙁
    They could have been mislabelled, which wouldnt be a first IME.

On a positive note, scruff, the decathlon pisspots have a dial at the back and they come in pink, which is the clincher in our household!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘are there any full finger gloves for 4yr olds?’ is closed to new replies.