Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Are the Beeb mad (QT content)
  • teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Starkey and Galloway on the same program. Pity Jowell and whoever else is on. If they are going to be that stupid they should have added Farrage, Prescott and Hitchens. What would an appropriate collective noun be?

An argument of panelists
    A pain….
    A noise….
    A chauvinism…

QT bingo -a drink for every time someone thinks speaking louder makes the point better. Double points for each straw man, discounted if it’s Galloway. Too obvious that one. Starkey to remind everyone that he is gay 38 mins into the recording.

jekkyl

Quentin Tarantino? on the bbc 😯 they are mad. Whats he directing? Eastenders?! that’d be cool. 😐

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

They could add him for some added spice,

10:30ish bbc 1

the-muffin-man

If they are going to be that stupid they should have added Farrage, Prescott and Hitchens.

…and Will Self and Russell Brand!

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Yep delete Prescott as he is not embarassing enough. Self is quite restrained these days, so for the full house of horrors sub Russell for Prescott.

matt_outandabout

Gove. Just so the others can stick the boot in, for sport…

AdamW
    Free Member

Has there not been legal representation from Farage yet about him not being on?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

12m in and the first example and accusation of shouting – Starkey on galloway!!!

And only 13m (damn) for Starkey to remind us that he is gay.

“Complete toss” bellows Galloway!!!!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I believe it was “…reactionary toss…” which, tbf, it was. And it wasn’t bellowed. A bit of a misrepresentative post from you thm. Care to correct yourself?

kimbers

starkey grinding my gears already,

im off to bed

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Ok reactionary toss.

Still the decibel level is much higher from two and they want to dominate as usual.

DD needs to get a grip of the debate. There are other (better?) members on the panel and that was my point. Thank god, there’s only the two of them!!!!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’m fine thanks thm, not feeling like I’ve lost my grip at all.

gwaelod
    Free Member

Is there any point in Question Time anymore?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Wow, some ego!?! DD is the guy on the tele – he’s the one who needs to get a grip obviously!! Sorry to disappoint deadly.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Yeah, I hadn’t realised that was what you meant thm. I really did think you were talking about me.

(Not everyone has your ego y’know 🙂 )

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Well one was clearly exposed wasn’t it…….?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

At least the relevant dd finally told Starkey to behave. He is worse than normal.

tomkerton
    Free Member

Galloway is full of soundbites and nonsense.

Starkey has made an arse of himself tonight too.

gordimhor

What a rude and arrogant boor Starkey is . Needs to remember the audience are paying him before he insults them. The BBC should drop him,from QT anyway.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Anne Wolf was the best but drowned out by the two bellows. Poor editorial work there IMO. Agree gordi, Starkey worse than ever.

robdixon
    Free Member

Generally a pretty painful programme to watch but I did like Starkey’s response to the lady who thought giving the Police the right to strike wouldn’t be something that could have any negative consequences – he basically repeated her gurn back to her and said something like

is that what counts for debate and thinking in the UK now?”

fuzzhead
    Free Member

The Tory guy was a bit of a stooge – struggling hard to defend Boris going back on his pre-election promise even through DD pulled out the exact quote.

Starkey is a muppet – he’s a caricature nowadays.

Northwind

Starkey’s a shitehawk, any program getting him on is just admitting “we want people to shout at the telly”. They’ll be pleased, he delivered.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Indeed starkey is Clarkson with a better vocabulary,

verses

I did like Starkey’s response to the lady who thought giving the Police the right to strike wouldn’t be something that could have any negative consequences – he basically repeated her gurn back to her and said something like

“is that what counts for debate and thinking in the UK now?”

To me it seemed to be one of the more unpleasant things he came out with. She had a split second to react to a question and rather than giving her any time to elaborate he cut in with a childish playground retort.
    Unlike the panel, she was a “normal” person, not someone paid to have a line ready for every question thrown at her.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Oh, I rather like Professor “History Is All About Royalty”. His waspish venom taking on the consensus of the day head on, is always amusing – he probably wouldn’t join any club that would be prepared to admit him.

And…

Starkey to remind us that he is gay.

“Complete toss” bellows Galloway

😯 😀

Junkyard
    Free Member

So whoppit likes reactionary types who make their points in an totally unreasonable/rude way…..who could have guessed 😉

rusty90
    Free Member

The Tory guy was a bit of a stooge

Tory Boy was embarrassingly useless. ‘Minister for Skillz’ or something. Although I loathe the guy, watching Galloway effortlessly put him down was quite entertaining. As evenly matched as Julian Clary vs Mike Tyson.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Agree verses, that mocking was deeply unpleasant. Imagine being in a tutorial with him?

NW, should delivered be over-delivered!?! Although, in the middle, or should I say the end, he did make one valid point about the bollocks of positive discrimination when selecting MPs. Jowell was as lost as the Tory guy defending Boris!

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Junkyard – lazarus
    So whoppit likes reactionary types who make their points in an totally unreasonable/rude way…..who could have guessed

Yes, let’s not be tedious, eh, Junk. I said I found him entertaining, I didn’t say I agreed with him (which you MAY have deduced by my comic version of his name)…

But then you were probably too busy trying to clamber, infantile-like, on to your dull little soap box to notice.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Forgive me I forgot about your humour bypass/blindspot to your posting style, which you demonstrated so well with that reply.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Fish. Line. Hooked.

AdamW
    Free Member

It’s a shame that people aren’t up for proper discussion but want fighting and silly games. I initially thought ‘The Moral Maze’ might be enlightening but it is the same thing with nastier people!

MrWoppit
    Free Member

It’s a shame that people aren’t up for proper discussion but want fighting and silly games.

Oh, I agree old boy. I don’t think these unasked-for challenges should go unanswered, mind.

All in the best possible taste, of course. 😀

Junkyard
    Free Member

so on a chat forum someone replied to you and you claim a win 😕

you are either the awesomes or deeply tragic…its a tough call this one 😛

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Are the Beeb mad (QT content)’ is closed to new replies.