Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Are the 2011 forks worth waiting for?
  • convert

I think I might treat my DW link 5 Spot to a new set of forks, or maybe even two pairs of forks….

It presently has a 2008 (I think, might be 2007) 454 dual air uturn Pike and I fancy something slightly longer (axle to crown) and lighter for everyday use and maybe a pair of 160mm length 36mm stantioned forks for more interesting stuff. Maybe a 150mm Rev and a 160mm Lyrik.

There are some great offers on 2010 forks still going from the likes of Merlin, but do you think the 2011 forks (RS or Fox) are worth the wait? I'd have to wait until the new ones are being sold with a similar discount, so maybe 7-9 months I guess, but I'm not in a terrible hurry.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Well the upper wear, if addressed, swings me to wait for the 2011 Fox Forks 🙂

Baba123
    Free Member

the new fox forks with the kashima coating are meant to be great so i would wait for them to be realeased

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    foxyrider
    Free Member

Fox 32's should be in the shops in the next few weeks 🙂

convert

Thanks. The Kashima coating has been around for years in other applications I think so was wondering if it will actually make a big difference as if it was so good why was it not used years ago on mtb forks……

The only reviews I've seen of the Rev forks talks about a new two position travel (150mm & 120mm) adjustment but I can't tell if this is only going to be on the the of the range world cup edition only or will be on the team edition too. It might well suit me.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Are the 2011 forks worth waiting for?’ is closed to new replies.