• This topic has 19 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by mboy.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Are Superstar and Odi grips the same?
  • mirage

Want some replacement grips for my Odi Rogue grips and these look like they might work. Anyone any experience?

samjgeorge86
    Free Member

Had 4 pairs. I think they are brilliant.. But I haven’t tried ODI grips to compare…
    So really, this post is useless to you

steezysix
    Free Member

No, different shape lockrings. Good grips though.

carlphillips
    Free Member

ive gone from ODI and now use ss zero’s, I like em.

mboy
    Free Member

The ODI Rogue’s are vastly superior. Superstar grips use a much harder rubber compound, and don’t feel nice to hold onto IMO. The Excel’s looked like they might be a good alternative to Rogues (all the rest are too thin IMO), but they were chunkier and harder, neither of which I liked.

Grips are a very personal thing of course, but I just can’t get on with anything except ODI Rogues myself!

joolsburger
    Free Member

They aren’t cross compatable I’ve tried but the SS grips are really good and dirt cheap anyway.

getonyourbike
    Free Member

ODI are far superior in my honest opinion. ODI Troy Lees are the best grips you will ever use.

transporter13
    Free Member

Odi longneck lock on here. Comfiest grip around

mirage

Cool thanks guys. May try out the Troy Lee as a replacement. Also looked at the zero from St which I am sure are worth a punt.

monkeychild
    Free Member

I thought SS grips were crap personally. Mine didn’t last very long.

andyl
    Free Member

Grips are a very personal thing of course, but I just can’t get on with anything except ODI Rogues myself!

DITTO. Rogues on all my bikes, nothing else feels as good.

colournoise

Use ODI grips (Rogues and Ruffians) with SS lockrings for sad colour matching. Seem to fit fine for all those who say they aren’t compatible.

z1ppy

SSC grips didn’t last my m8 very long, Rogues for me

Northwind

I’ve used ODI grips and SS lockrings too, fit wasn’t exactly perfect but it worked fine. Wasn’t too impressed with the SS grips, they felt like plastic yet still wore fast, but that was ages ago so maybe they’re better now.

Bagstard
    Free Member

I’ve always used Rogues or similar in the past, but after trying ESI grips I wouldn’t want anything else.

passtherizla
    Free Member

Superstar grips are pants… I don’t like lock on any more, odi feel slightly less like you’re holding a bar wrapped in cling film than the superstars. But no where near as comfy as slip ons.

messiah
    Free Member

I tried SS but got sore hands. I liked Try-Lee’s but I’m now back on YETI’s and I love them.

cookeaa

They are a bit different, I’ve got some copy lock on rings that work with SS but when I got some Oury’s (ODI fittings) I had to modify the grip a little at either end to fit in the clamp… No biggy took a couple of seconds with a file…

me1tdown
    Free Member

I wore through some SS grips in about three months, yet I had a pair of ODI rogues which lasted about 4 years! Well worth the extra price, unless you really really want blingy bars.

mboy
    Free Member

I wore through some SS grips in about three months, yet I had a pair of ODI rogues which lasted about 4 years! Well worth the extra price, unless you really really want blingy bars.

Still running a set of Rogues that are about 8 years old!

Slight caveat that during that time I’ve had more than one bike all the time, and they are looking quite threadbare, but they’re still just about usable!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Are Superstar and Odi grips the same?’ is closed to new replies.