Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • are stans rims really that much harder to build than mavics (or other rims)
  • firestarter
    Free Member

as above really , 29er rims if that makes any difference

ta

scaredypants

I think some of the racier ones recommend a lower tension and presumably that's harder to achieve a consistent wheelbuild ?

I've done a flow rim, no bother really & still true (have only built 3 wheels in my life – edit, all 26 inch)

MSP

Only rims I have built are stans and I had no problems, and I put a bit more tension in them than bought wheels, so the lack of eyelets doesnt seem to cause a problem.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    firestarter
    Free Member

it was the flows i was looking at actually, i can save about 60 quid doing it myself

MSP

It was the flows I built as well, the hope hoops with stans rims are a pretty good deal, I think they actually come in cheaper than the component parts.

edit: oh 29er don't know if hope do a 29er wheelset

firestarter
    Free Member

i cant find one if they do ;-( that was my initial idea

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Hope's 29er will be coming soon…. A little bird tells me they've had/getting a delivery of rims.

firestarter
    Free Member

now that would be nice 😉 i do hope its soon . ive already mailed them to ask about 29er wheelsets the other day but had no answer. fingers crossed 😉

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I've built 2 sets of 29er Stans wheels for other people, and I reckon they are, if anything, easier to build than most others. They're a joy to work on IMO. I'd have some like a shot! 🙂

Junkyard
    Free Member

o issue building them and I have done mavic dt and 355 all 26 "

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘are stans rims really that much harder to build than mavics (or other rims)’ is closed to new replies.