Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Are Royal Mail / Parcelforce still "confiscating" shocks?
  • Hooter
    Free Member

About to post a frame with shock attached when I remembered this post…

Thinking of posting a shock via Royal Mail? Read this first

So 3 years on, are royal mail / parcel force still nicking shocks?

Are we even “safe” sending forks via Royal Mail?

Thanks

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

I sent my old 26″ Recon Race forks to DaveH on here through Parcelforce last spring without issue.

chakaping
    Free Member

I think they only did it one time, I wouldn’t be concerned myself – used them many times since then with no issues.

monkeyboyjc

Compressed gas canisters are still banned from Rm and Parcel force. Technically the post-office you drop the parcel off at should reject it.

There supposed to be a xray scanner at one of the national hubs that scans random packages and picks them up.

wwaswas

Rules say yes:

Gases including flammable, non-flammable, toxic and compressed
    gases, new, used and empty gas cylinders, butane, ethane, refills for lighters, fire extinguishers and scuba tanks, life jackets, nitrogen dioxide and carbon dioxide canisters (culinary foaming devices & soda stream),

1. All flammable compressed gases are prohibited e.g. blowlamps; butane; lighters and refills containing flammable liquid or gas; ethane; gas cylinders for camping stoves; hydrogen; methane and propane.
    2. All toxic compressed gases are prohibited e.g. chlorine; fluorine etc.
    3. All non-flammable compressed gases are prohibited e.g. air bags; scuba tanks, carbon dioxide; fire extinguishers; neon and nitrogen.

It’s compressed nitrogen that rear shocks were getting picked up on.

Northwind

I posted one a while back and got a confirmation in writing from Parcelforce beforehand that as long as the air charge was removed, it wouldn’t be affected. Now that seems a wee bit flakey since that’s not the only gas charge but that was their response. So if you’re thinking of using them, I’d do the same and get a confirmation back from them first just to cover yourself.

Hooter
    Free Member

Posted frame and shock via parcelforce in the end, no troubles with it, phew.

bungalistic
    Free Member

I’ve posted frames and such in the last few years and never had any issues. However I had to send a shock back for warranty recently and used DPD pick up service. Cost a little bit more but was top notch service, picked up on time and delivered the next day. They even send you text messages/emails with pick up times and delivery confirmation.

ahsat

I sent my shock away for service last year and just sent it recorded royal mail and had no problems.

mountainman

Had a set of forks posted royal mail ,then an-post to me via the parcel pal service in Eire n no bother .

vongassit
    Free Member

Received a rear shock last week with RM, no problems.

jruk
    Free Member

I sent my shock via special delivery no probs. Let all of the air out to be safe.

matt_outandabout

Why would you use parcel farce when other cheaper and more convenient options exist?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Are Royal Mail / Parcelforce still "confiscating" shocks?’ is closed to new replies.