• This topic has 18 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by pigyn.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Are Raleigh still UK distributor for Salsa
  • cycleofaddiction
    Free Member

Does anyone know this? I’ve bought a 58cm Warbird frame which has paint defects on all the stays in the form of tiny bubbling in the lacquer and slight fading of paintwork underneath that. I’ve been told it’s warranty but as it’s the last frame and no UK importer there’s no chance of a replacement just a refund!

I have wanted a Salsa for years and can’t tell you how disappointed I am to have to return it but it’s a lot of money to pay for something with a defect so I’m holding out that I can maybe sort it out and get it replaced? Any help is greatly appreciated.

thomthumb
    Free Member

What about calling US?

thered

GET ON WITH SOME WORK DAVE!!!

scud
    Free Member

I believe Raleigh were distributors, but looking at Salsa website they’re not listed anymore?

Speak to Charlie the Bikemonger, he would know where you stand and he has dealt with warranty issues for people on Salsa/ Surly

cycleofaddiction
    Free Member

Er your not helping Mike..
    Tomthumb I’ve emailed Salsa nothing back yet since yesterday but a phone call is probably my next step

cycleofaddiction
    Free Member

Scud I noticed that only UK dealers are listed on Salsa site and have come across a few old forum threads which basically say that Raleigh were no help?

samcuk87
    Free Member

Speak to Bryan Harris, he’s the rep for Raleigh and helped me when I had a warranty claim for my Bucksaw. bryanharrisatraleighdotcodotuk

wind-bag
    Free Member

Raleigh dropped Salsa late last year to concentrate on their own brand of shite niche bikes. Most Salsa frames are imported direct from QBP by dealers…speak to Richard at Keep Peddaling, Manchester, major Salsa dealer and great guy, he may give you the best suggestions as to your options.

cycleofaddiction
    Free Member

Thanks everybody for your suggestions

joop
    Free Member

Get the refund and buy my ti Warbird size 58

fudge9202
    Free Member

Was on the phone today to Charlie the bikemonger today about stuff for my Salsas apparently for the time being there is no UK distributor all Salsa gear is coming through them.
    He’s really helpful and can order stuff you need direct from Salsa

pigyn
    Free Member

Just to make that a bit clearer it isn’t only Charlie selling Salsa, any dealer that has or wants to set up an account with QBP can do. He sort of has the jump on us as everything was already in place, whereas I am still waiting for my application to be processed. But we are still very keen on Salsa at Pedals!

fudge9202
    Free Member

I wish it would get sorted soon as I’ve had to order some stuff from Germany. And just to get a Salsa Stem cap I have to order from Canada if I want one 🙁

Andy

Feel sorry for the Raleigh account manager on this. Know he worked his socks off to re-establish Salsa in the UK. Bit of an opportunity for the bikemonger though…

jeffl

I thought Charlie was selling up?

damascus
    Free Member

I had a bit of an issue with Raleigh over a replacement horsethief salsa sent. I will avoid them at all cost now.

Salsa was brilliant to deal with. Seth emailed me direct. Real shame ison don’t import them still.

Op, I’ve sent you an email with seths email address. Try that. Good luck.

vincienup
    Free Member

Thread hijack attempt since dealers seem to be chiming in,

Is there anywhere in the UK I’m likely to be able to demo a Pony Rustler, ideally in medium, in a month or two or am I going to have to go down the road of taking a huge punt / asking on the forums to try and beg a ride on someones’ personal ride?

Ta and sorry for butting in!

bennyb
    Free Member

Sherwood pines cycles have a selection of salsa bikes and frames. They might have one you could buy if you get a refund or at the least, they’ll tell you the importer

pigyn
    Free Member

We have dismantled our Pony Rustler demo but I have ridden it as my personal bike for a year, happy to help with any questions on sizing or ride quality. Get in touch through the shop if you want to chat. Also got one last of the nice colour in our clearance deals:

Salsa Pony Rustler Frame

Might help reduce the blow of buying blind. You wouldn’t regret it though, the bike is a hoot!

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Are Raleigh still UK distributor for Salsa’ is closed to new replies.