Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Are progressive bikes still going?
  • nickc

Phoned and emailed, no reply.

Still importing Chumba frames?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

AFAIK they are? Si’s a one man band though so he could be on holliday.

wrecker
    Free Member

Reading the MTBR board, it appears that Chumba are not in good shape.
    The Evo V2 seems to have been a complete dog.

househusband

I’ve asked the same thing on here at least once over the past several months, having tried contacting them/him. Each time there’s the usual folk saying that, yes, they’ve dealt with him and all is well – but none seem to refer to purchases or dealings recently.

mrblobby
    Free Member

I did have a look the other week and there looks to be no Chumba on the Progressive Bikes website. Shame, their hardtails looked pretty good.

Edit: Si doesn’t seem to have posted on here for a month now, so maybe holiday. I’ve emailed him in the past with a few questions and always had a reasonably prompt response.

nickc

Thanks, he’s probably on a well earned break

Shame about Chumba, the HX1 looked about perfect, stratch that one off the list then.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Shame about Chumba, the HX1 looked about perfect, stratch that one off the list then.

I bought one 🙂

Still havent built it up though, moving back to a house with no lighting in the garrage sucks more than I realised it would. By the time I’ve been for a ride at the weekend I’ve pretty much run out of daylight to do any fettling so stuff just isn’t getting done!

Out of an entire stable of bikes I’m down to one working singlespeed as they’ve all picked up niggling problems I CBA to fix! If I wasn’t so tight I’d take them down to the LBS.

Mackem

I’ve got an HX1 – it’s great. Buying one from USA is way more expensive than the 300 quid bargain from Progressive. I read somewhere that Chumba are moving production to USA, so maybe it’s a temporary blip.

nickc

I’ve got an HX1 – it’s great.

Thanks. Rub it in, why don’t you 😆

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Are progressive bikes still going?’ is closed to new replies.