Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Are Poplocs meant to work?
  • oldgit
    Free Member

I have a 7 month old Trek 29er with Rebas. The remote lock out has been random, but now it’s either start the ride in one or the other because it won’t operate on the hoof.
    In the past I’ve had secondhand World Cups and first generation 29er Rebas and neither worked.
    Any tips or warranty a spare?

bryan-g-

I’m on my second set of Reba’s and both have worked fine, only problem is the cable getting a bit sticky sometimes and not releasing.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

When I had one on my last Rebas it worked maybe 20% of the time. Now I have some without Poploc I can’t say I miss it at all.

Karl33to
    Free Member

Worked about 4 times then packed up. Luckily the fork packed up too so I had it swapped for one without the poploc, much better!

fenred
    Free Member

Try a new cable and outer, cheap to do as it’s just gear cable. Change mine periodically when it gets sticky and no probs with it.

rollindoughnut
    Free Member

Ok the deal is forget the poloc. You’ll have it working perfectly in the workshop but it’ll stop working within minutes on the trail.

There is a solution:

I used a front shifter (xtr – very nice) to do the job and not only was it faultless during a 12hr race, it was so much more ergonomic to use. I ended up riding with the forks locked out, simply disengaging the lock out as and when needed. Reckon I was locked out 90% of the time as I had the confidence to unlock even during rattly descents.

oldfart

Merlin had mine back , inspected them decided to send them back to SRAM . Turns out it wasn’t just the cable they replaced the Compression damper and new seals etc . I asked to have them back without the Poploc which they did . Hoped they’d send me back the lever to flog on but no suck luck . No Poploc is considered a downgrade but not in my book

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Are Poplocs meant to work?’ is closed to new replies.