Viewing 6 posts - 81 through 86 (of 86 total)
  • Are Pink Floyd only for 50 year olds
  • slowoldman

Yes I appreciate they’re about as niche as Justin Bieber.

But good.

RustyNissanPrairie

Re-released digitally remastered collectors limited edition of absolute pretentious bilge shite.until the next re released digitally remastered collectors limited edition. Repeat.

loughor
    Free Member

Ye Gods ! If you like it, you like it, if not that’s Ok too. The Wall was released in my first year at ‘big school ‘ (comprehensive), sometimes yes, sometimes no. Not a patch on Thin Lizzy tho

tjagain

I was a big Thin Lizzy fan – saw them in concert in the good days ( the 70s) many times and had every album they ever made ( including shades of a blue orphanage). However that was the 70s. a long time ago and most of their stuff sounds terribly dated now.

I think a lot of folk get stuck with the music of their youth and never move on. Its the memories the music holds for you rather than the music itself.

redmex
    Free Member

Thin Lizzy were great Jailbreak album was the best for me although Whisky in the jar one of their best
    Genesis i did like a wee bit of them remember Duke cassette on my amstrad auto reverse car audio getting played constantly, couldnt bear to listen to now whereas Bob Marley Uprising about the same time is timeless have it often on spotify or cd in car

kelvin

I’ve liked Pink Floyd since my teens… it is only sad middle aged man music because most fans have grown up to be sad middle aged men, not because you need to be one to start liking Pink Floyd.

And yes, I said fan rather than using the less committal term of just liking them… some great great music.

They recently released a 1971 BBC session… with long rambling versions of Fat Old Sun and Embryo… perfect lazy Sunday listening…

Viewing 6 posts - 81 through 86 (of 86 total)

The topic ‘Are Pink Floyd only for 50 year olds’ is closed to new replies.