Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Are On One Pompino wheels strong enough for my hubby?!
  • MountainMonkey
    Free Member

We need to get some new wheels for my husband's singlespeed road bike as the one's it came with appear to be made out of cheese.

The On One Pompino Wheelset looks like very good value for £99, but will they be strong enough as he weighs about 15 stone?

Can anyone vouch for them or suggest any similar cost alternatives?

Thanks in advance!

Nick

I weight 13.5 st and regularly ride up and down curbs and take short cuts across pretty much anything I come across and they are still totally true after 3 years. Solid but weighty.

D0NK

pretty strong, massive braking surface so you don't have to be too precise setting up brakes (good for a hack bike), deep section so have caught a crosswind once or twice but not too bad. Not humvee proof but for £99 bargain.

edhornby

they are 32 spoke and 3cross (the pattern of the spokes laced in the wheel) so they'll be pretty sturdy.

if you are really concerned then you could get a shop with a decent wheel builder to make sure that they are true and properly tensioned but I reckon they'd fine as nick and donk said

if you have a good wheel builder close ish to you, ask him for a price of some handbuilt singlespeed hubs on something like mavic open sport rims (ask for 36 hole) as the cost may not be that much more than the factory ones

MountainMonkey
    Free Member

Thanks guys, they sound like they'll do the trick nicely!

Cheers!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Are On One Pompino wheels strong enough for my hubby?!’ is closed to new replies.