Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Are my forks knackered?
  • jaffejoffer
    Free Member

Sold some forks on eBay. Buyer didn’t take them due to these pock marks on one stanchion.

Doesnt effect their performance imo.

Are they goosed?

v666ern
    Free Member

piccy no worky

otsdr
    Free Member

So goosed the image doesn’t even load :P. But yes, those burrs will damage the seal then the mud will damage the bushings.

Wally

Finest wet and dry and a dab of nail varnish will have them going for years.

amedias
    Free Member

Sold some forks on eBay. Buyer didn’t take them due to these pock marks on one stanchion.

As would I if you hadn’t mentioned it in the description or photos

Doesn’t effect their performance imo.

It probably won’t affect their performance…now, but it will affect their longevity and how quickly that performance degrades. You’d be surprised what muck a damaged seal can drag into a fork, and I bet you’d be doubly surprised at the damage it can do to the bushes and the bits of the stanchion you can’t see below the seal.

Are they goosed?

no, not goosed, as above, you could rub that down (gently!) and salvage them, but if you want to sell them you’re going to have to be upfront about it and possibly accept a reduction in price.

If you’ve ever had the serviced (with those marks present) I’d expect any decent mechanic to have told you it’s a potential issue and what to do about it.

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

yeah i dont blame the buyer, i hadnt noticed them tbh they’d been idle in the shed for months. did get them serviced tho prior to listing tho, but they didnt mention it.

jam-bo

did get them serviced tho prior to listing tho, but they didnt mention it.

are you sure you got your forks/stantions back…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Are my forks knackered?’ is closed to new replies.