Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Are Muslims not allowed to eat certain foods?
  • tails
    Free Member

Other than halal. I lost my phone last night and cab driver found it, I'm going to take them some biscuits when I collect it, but I don't wanna take some choco hobnobs only for them not to be able to eat them.

backhander
    Free Member

They LOVE bacon.

NikNak7890
    Free Member

My friends just abstain from Pork and Alcohol, but here's a good starter:

http://www.faithandfood.com/Islam.php

sc-xc

You could take them some korange juice…and if they like chewy sweets, try some halalibo

miaowing_kat
    Free Member

When I took some desserts to my Muslim friend's home – I made sure there wasn't any pork, gelatine or alcohol in the food. They're not particularly strict in their practice but I reckon you'd be safe if you stuck with vegetarian/no alcohol.

I do vaguely remember my Muslim friends at school arguing over whether they were allowed to eat food with E-numbers in them.. but they were at somewhat opposite ends of the spectrum when it came to their faith..

sc-xc

…and their favourite meat islam

firestarter
    Free Member

chuckle chuckle bb 😉

tails
    Free Member

cheers niknak

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

When I took some desserts to my Muslim friend's home – I made sure there wasn't any pork, gelatine or alcohol in the food.

Bollkos, thats the sausage trifle plan out the window then 😀

zaskar
    Free Member

Scary that people can't tell the difference between Jews, Muslims, Hindus and Sikhs but hey at least you ask.

Muslims and Jews don't eat Porky Pig.

Hindus/Sikhs don't eat Beef.

But like Christianity-it can all depend on the person and how much they follow their religion. I know Muslims who drink Vodka etc and Muslims usually don't drink alcohol.

But either can go veggy.

I stay away from Red meat and stick to white meat like fish and chicken but it will be in the news one day that chicken will be dangerous…2late doh!

If there was world starvation I'd grill a few Stw'ers and some ketchup 😆

druidh
    Free Member

zaskar – Member
    Scary that people can't tell the difference between Jews, Muslims, Hindus and Sikhs but hey at least you ask.

Scary? Not a word I'd use. FWIW, I don't know.

Faceman
    Free Member

Well I'm a muslim and I pretty much will eat anything. Just like christians, jews and sikhs everyone's got their own unique slant on their faith. I'm sure some strict muslims have a strict diet in accordance to their faith, I myself am not a practicing muslim so am not bothered. Think it's quite a nice gesture to get the cabbie some biscuits, I had the same thing happen a year ago, lost my phone and this cabbie found it, I was so bloody happy I picked him up and hugged him. Quite funny looking back but it's also quite weird how our phones are so essential to our lives. Anyway, good luck.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

"Scary that people can't tell the difference between Jews, Muslims, Hindus and Sikhs ………"

FWIW, I don't know.

Let me see if I can help. The Nazis killed 6 million Muslims, today they have their own country which is called Israel. The Jews live in India, and hate all Sikhs – who live in Afghanistan. The Hindus in Iraq have been causing problems with threats of bad karma. HTH

druidh
    Free Member

ernie_lynch – Member
    "Scary that people can't tell the difference between Jews, Muslims, Hindus and Sikhs ………"
    FWIW, I don't know.

Let me see if I can help. The Nazis killed 6 million Muslims, today they have their own country which is called Israel. The Jews live in India, and hate all Sikhs – who live in Afghanistan. The Hindus in Iraq have been causing problems with threats of bad karma. HTH

LOL – I was meaning in terms of dietary restrictions. i.e. in the same vein as zaskars post 🙂

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

Well I'm a muslim… I myself am not a practising muslim…

Contradiction in terms? Surely if you don't practise, you're a standard human being?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I was meaning in terms of dietary restrictions

Ah, I see. Well it would appear that Hindus like to take beef, cook it with exotic and aromatic spices until it tastes delicious,, and then serve it drunkard anglo-saxon young men late on a saturday night. Muslims enjoy nothing more than fried locusts, stewed sheep eyes, and tinned thieves hands, probably. Jews only like to do their shopping in Tesco or M&S cause they like to keep things kosher. And Sikhs find that deep mediation solves everything.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

if they like chewy sweets, try some halalibo

interestingly enough, you can actually get halal haribo. they sell about half a dozen different packs in several of the little muslim-owned grocers shops around where i live (as well as in asda in hulme/moss side)…

tails
    Free Member

Well you'll be pleased to know the biscuits were gratefully received, he was saying some people actually have a go at him when he gives phones back!

In reference to the "scary" comment, well I don't care whether you wear a burka, turban, kippah or baseball cap, I'll base my opinion on the person in front of me. I just don't want give someone something they can't use.

julianwilson
    Free Member

Barry Bethel – Premier Member

You could take them some korange juice…and if they like chewy sweets, try some halalibo

You missed out Mecca Cola. Yes, it is real.

For a fizzy pop its really rather nice too. Available in all friendly French 'quartiers arabes'. No idea if you can get it here, especially not in the cultural desert of Plymouth!

zaskar
    Free Member

LOL thanks for smiles ernie_lynch!

Brilliant!

😆

Mecca cola? brilliant marketing idea-sell food based on religous ideas?
    Where can I invest???

LMT
    Free Member

The mecca cola you can buy in tesco, not all of them, depends on the customer base. Ive just worked on a new store opening, its a heavy multicultural society so the store reflects this, big Halal Meat counter, parts of the store just ethnic products (as we call them) should call them world foods or something. Worth a look anyway!

zaskar
    Free Member

I don't want any-I just want to make money on something that sells!

But interesting Tesco are doing this.

Tel to broker:

Hello I would Like 200 shares in Tesco's Bradford and Leicester! how much???!

andrewh
    Free Member

Muslims and Jews don't eat Porky Pig.

Hindus/Sikhs don't eat Beef.

But like Christianity-it can all depend on the person and how much they follow their religion.

The only bible quote I know is the bit from Laviticus where it says you mustn't eat shellfish.
    That which lives in the sea nad has neither fins nor gills shall be an abomination unto thee.
    Don't take prawns to your christian friends.

organic355
    Free Member

Musli?

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Are Muslims not allowed to eat certain foods?’ is closed to new replies.