Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 203 total)
  • Are most people on here on the large side?
  • Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Don’t you talk about her like that, you cad! 😡

She’s a classy lady, is Darcey.

She gets out of the shower to pee. And she don’t pick her knickers out of her arse-crack in public.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Chris – yes they are except (since doing some checking out) I don’t think they are actually called Chinese press ups! My sisters fiance told me about them – ex Army boxer/sniper.

For the non informed…

kneel down with feet backing onto a wall. Push hands into a diamond shape (make diamond with thumbs/first fingers) about 8″ (or the length of your hand) away from your knees. Stick your head “in” this diamond. Now straighten your legs – you’ll be in an inverted V shape.

This is the start position.

Now push yourself up into a press up and repeat until arms fall off.

It’s a very intense triceps burn.

Do 10 as part of the twice weekly triceps routine.

nickc

she’s wearing knickers these days..?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    molgrips
    Free Member

I’m gonna try those press ups tonight.

How many d’you think I’ll be able to do? 🙂

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Mol – cool. I have a vid if needed… 😉

U31
    Free Member

Darcey turned me down flat.
    Meat pie an all.

Gutted.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

That’s cos she’s a classy lady, I told you.

She seen me in a club, right; come over to me, said ‘You is well fit, innit? You taking me home then?’ downed her pint in one, and we left.

The incident with the night-bus driver was regrettable, mind. 😳

molgrips
    Free Member

Anyone fancy a guess as to how many?

nickc

I heard, is he alright now?

I saw her the other night, shouting at the bins round the back of Somerfield

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Mol – if you mean the press ups, with completely 100% correct form, I’ll be impressed if you can do one. Not a swipe at you – I have yet to see anyone do one properly. Even die hard kickboxing loons.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Well, I think it’ll be a while before the physical scars fade, tbh. Sadly, it seems the mental ones won’t. 🙁

Oops! She was probbly yelling at me to hurry up. I was having a piss. I’d had a few. She wanted to get home to watch Match of The Day.

molgrips
    Free Member

How many can you do?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Well, about 6 pints a night seems to be about me limit, or else I tend to forget what happened. Not good. 😳

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Two conversations here!

Mol – done 20 but got a bit wobbly towards the end. It’s the initial push that’s the really hard part.

saleem
    Free Member

where’s the video link for the push ups then??

IanMunro
    Free Member

Has she still got that security tag on her ankle?
    It kept snagging on the jacket holder in my saxo, which kinda spoilt the moment a bit.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

No no you’re confusing the lovely Ms Bussell with that skank off Strictly Come Poncing; what’s her name, Michael I think.

Like Darcey would ever go out with anyone off here, cept me. 🙄

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Saleen – it’s on youtube but on a private setting.

Jamie
    Free Member

Well….I cannot do 1 of them.

….and I am ripped.

Keva
    Free Member

have you tried the hindu press up Matt ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcW61Bb8uOo

gives a good upper body work out. Once you’ve done a few and get the feel you can also add a reverse one every five or so…
    Kev

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Keva – used to do them a lot in kickboxing training.

One I’m trying to nail – free standing handstand press up (can walk a fair way on my hands) – got to 3 fairly consistently then I fall over. Another pointless goal.

Keva
    Free Member

I can only do them with my feet up against a wall for balance or with someone steadying them… used to do two sets of twelve but am down to between 8-10 these days…

Kev

saleem
    Free Member

My sons godfather does those, nearly pissed himself laughing when I tried to them against a bedroom wall and put my foot through it trying to get into the hand stand position.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Keva – used to do them with feet against wall (only 10) but now do shoulder presses with free weights instead for a bit of variety.

Free standing ones are bloody hard!

IanMunro
    Free Member

You could be right effin. Me and Bertie had been doing a lot of clen that night, and it got a bit hazy towards the end.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Oh dear. Been the clinic yet? Best to really, I’d say. 😐

Northwind

This thread is becoming the stuff of legend. Idiot internet legend obviously but still, these days you have to take your legiosity where you finds it.

Oh but…

Elfin “Snake Hips” Safety.

You know snakes don’t have hips, right?

lipseal
    Free Member

PURPLE AKI

Elfin is really Purple Aki and i claim my £5!

FYI just make sure you read the muscle touching bit 😯

GiantJaunt
    Free Member

6’2″ and a shade over 12stone.

(1m85 and 77kg)

i’m a lanky streak of p155.

Same as me. My freakishly long arms are often called upon at work to fetch things from hard to reach places.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

How can you compare me to Purple Aki? He’s 6’5″, and weighs 20 stone ffs! 😆

And I’m not sex-pest. A pest, maybe, but certainly not a sex-pest.

You know snakes don’t have hips, right?

This one does; believe it…

simondbarnes

Fat bastard here

Boggart Hole Clough Cyclocross by simondbarnes, on Flickr

Though I have lost nearly a stone in the last month by giving up crisps, chocolate & Coke.

molgrips
    Free Member

Right, well I could not do one of the Chinese press ups with my hands 8″ from my knees, but I could do a couple further out – my wrist wouldn’t let me really do it properly anyway. I can’t bend it backwards 90 degrees, I can’t even do normal press ups on my palms.

The Hindu ones were easier, could do 4 of them no bother.

However my running intervals went awesomely, thanks for asking 🙂 Getting much better.

transporter13
    Free Member

having not read the entire thread…i can 99% guarantee that im the heaviest rider on this site….never broken any parts…i mean NONE/nil/zilch 8)

the weight piled on once i’d stopped working the doors and boxing/thai boxing to start driving trucks…upside is that the money is a lot better

at the moment, im 27 stone and 5’10″….can still comfortably do the llandegla black route/ride dh at wharncliffe/woburn/chicksands and get out a couple of times a week for an hour or so in the week riding xc

RealMan
    Free Member

2.5 pages later… 😕

55kg is about 8 1/2stone though no? You’re pretty young aren’t you, RealMan? Young-uns have lower bone and muscle density don’t they? Hence they are lighter for the same height and build than someone twice their age.

Yes, 8.5 stone. 18, birthday in feb, if you’d call that young. 5″7 or 5″8, haven’t checked in a while.

As for Realman – surely the name is a joke?!

I’ve been a member of this forum for must be over a year now, has it really taken you that long to work it out?? Its called irony.. 😀

I don’t think either are partnered up that’s all.

Want to bet on that? 😉

Race with Realman – whatever. He might win, I might win. How about a sprint? How about a run? How about a swim? How about anything involving physical strength? At the end of it only one leaves looking like (dreadful pun alert) a “real man”

We did a 4km run the other day actually, as part of a fitness test for the university badminton squad. I came 2nd, by a second. Got out sprinted at the end.. 🙁

Although my excuse was that I was saving myself for the boxing session I went to after. I happened to spar a professional with 4 pro wins. He was a bit heavier then me, but I’m still alive, so I’m fairly pleased with that result 😀

And my record on the bleep test is level 18. One of my goals in life is to complete it. My swimming is very poor (bad technique), and I’m not a natural sprinter (are we talking bike or running here?), but can still do it fairly well.

Thanks C_G.

im 27 stone and 5’10”

😯

molgrips
    Free Member

You do get more muscular with age – I had similar body fat when I was 23 or so but weighed 2 stone less.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

So, for Surf-Mat’s ‘Tour d’AWESOME’, he’ll be road racing with RealMan, wrestling with Ton, and Downhill mountain bike racing with Molgrips. Any other events anyone can think of?

Of course, the Grande Finale will have to be the dance off with me, but that’ll be more of an ‘exhibition’ than a contest, let’s be fair. 😀

molgrips
    Free Member

I reckon I could win at table tennis too, or squash – that’s about it tho.

RealMan
    Free Member

Unless you’re current world champion, there’s not much point saying you could beat someone you’ve never met. Anyone can talk a good bike race or badminton match. Never judge someone before you’ve seen them actually do something, other wise you will just over or under estimate them, both of which are equally bad.

YOU CAN’T LIE TO A MOUNTAIN. AND MANY GOT FOUND OUT WHEN GILBERTO LADLED OUT THE PAIN

clicky

Jamie
    Free Member

i can 99% guarantee that im the heaviest rider on this site….never broken any parts…i mean NONE/nil/zilch

I think Ian Pinder of this ‘ere place might be around that. If not, then apologies Ian 😉

molgrips
    Free Member

Unless you’re current world champion, there’s not much point saying you could beat someone you’ve never met.

It’s known as being silly. It happens a lot around here 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 203 total)

The topic ‘Are most people on here on the large side?’ is closed to new replies.