Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 203 total)
  • Are most people on here on the large side?
  • foxyrider
    Free Member

Speak for yourselves – 6ft, 74Kg, 30 inch waist 🙂 I was 78Kg in Feb but done enough riding in the summer to bring it down 🙂

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Far Too Big, and trying my best to be not so…

😳

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Ah, to be just a fraction as AWESOME as Surf-Mat..

Just had a number of urgent calls from last month.

It wants it’s joke back.

Jamie
    Free Member

Maybe change your username to Teetnosugars for a start? 😉

Surf-Mat:

It wants it’s joke back.

Not to be picking any sides, but I really wouldn’t bother trying to get the last word with Fred. Just a waste of time, life, fun…basically anything a sane man can hold dear.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Jamie – Member

Maybe change your username to Teetnosugars for a start?

The Irony is, I dont even drink tea, and I don’t take sugar either..

molgrips
    Free Member

A mate of mine is an Elite XC racer – yes he’s very very quick on an MTB but do I want to resemble a 5’10” beanpole? No.

I would. Especially if it gets me on the podium.

I think that a body that shows how good you are at a sport looks better than something you’ve built up in the gym.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I really wouldn’t bother trying to get the last word with Fred. Just a waste of time, life, fun…basically anything a sane man can hold dear.

🙂

Here is wisdom…

Junkyard
    Free Member

racing whippet physique but not speed

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

I think that a body that shows how good you are at a sport is better than something you’ve built up in the gym.

But what if you are into a number of sports? Pure gym bulk with little/no fitness is pointless IMO but a purely “running” physique or XC rider shape is simply not something I’d ever want. Mega fitness, little strength.

Depends on what you are into though. IMO pro boxers combine strength and fitness very well indeed as do many people in certain elite sections of the military forces. It’s all about balance IMO.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Surf-Mat; from many of your posts, and your feeble attempts to bait me, I suspect that you have a bit of an inferiority complex about your physique.

No no hang on, before you fly off the handle;

You do turn up on many threads about size, physique and fitness, and seem to go on a lot about your own prowess. You did mention that your mates called you ‘shortarse’. Your projection of this frustration onto me, someone you apparently see as ‘inferior’ to yourself judging by your patronising and derogatory comments, makes me think you have a lot to prove, to yourself if not others.

You sure all that gym and ‘bulking up’ isn’t compensation for something else? Serious question.

Keva
    Free Member

lightweight

9st /58kg

Mol’… just out of interest which events did you enter for this year and what positions are you currently getting ?

Kev

RealMan
    Free Member

BOOM.

9st /58kg

Fat sprinter.

55kg dripping wet.

U31
    Free Member

Sorry dude , all this AWESOME shizzea still makes me chuckle.. 😆

U31
    Free Member

Look!! He’s a RealBoy!

RealMan
    Free Member

Jealousy is a cruel mistress.

😉

U31
    Free Member

look, when yer as old as me, its your god given right to be bitter and twisted… 😆

lipseal
    Free Member

15 1/2 stone and falling…. Can’t wait to take the stiches out me mouth 😐

rOcKeTdOg

i’m 1/2st lighter than last year despite riding 1000 miles more than last year 🙁
    6ft 2 15st

Jamie
    Free Member

55kg dripping wet.

Jeesus. How tall are you?

lipseal
    Free Member

But do you lose fat but keep the weight due to muscle growth?

marsdenman
    Free Member

Are most people on here on the large side?

Speaking solely for myself – Yes….
    5’11” – 217 lbs…
    No excuses, just need to get a grip….
    Now, pass me that next pie, please… 😉

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

RealMan is one of those skinny yet super-quick types who probbly eats like a horse. I suspect he’d cane most folk on here up a big hill!

55kg is about 8 1/2stone though no? You’re pretty young aren’t you, RealMan? Young-uns have lower bone and muscle density don’t they? Hence they are lighter for the same height and build than someone twice their age.

Jamie
    Free Member

I think I passed 8 1/2 stone when I was about 10 and never seen it since…..

Junkyard
    Free Member

remind you of anyone el ferretto? see you in July 😉

rkk01
    Free Member

95kg / 208lbs

lipseal
    Free Member

RealMan might be a dwarf… 😐

wiltsrover
    Free Member

46, 5ft 10 1/2in, 10 & 1/2 stone, can i have that extra cake if you dont want it?

hopster
    Free Member

58 kg. Eat loads but have never been heavier than 63 kg. Rather oddly I have got lighter the older I get.

Definitely makes a difference when climbing but I have to pedal mote to keep up with heavier riders on descents. I also find it hard to keep up with heavier riders on flat sections of road as I just don’t have the same power.

Milkie
    Free Member

63Kg – 5’8″
    I eat like a horse and don’t put weight on, its taken a year to get to 63kg from 49-51K.

lardman
    Free Member

Not a bit of lard on me… no, honest guv!

Jamie
    Free Member

63Kg – 5’8″
    I eat like a horse and don’t put weight on, its taken a year to get to 63kg from 49-51K.

Must suck not being able to go out in strong winds 😉

Keva
    Free Member

BOOM.

9st /58kg

Fat sprinter.

55kg dripping wet.

que ?

it’s a reply to my post… anyone care to enlighten me ?

Kev

molgrips
    Free Member

Mol’… just out of interest which events did you enter for this year and what positions are you currently getting ?

This year was a total washout. Felt utterly exhausted in training and racing. Definitely not right.

Best result was 3rd in the whippet category eliminator at Big Bike Bash 🙂

but a purely “running” physique or XC rider shape is simply not something I’d ever want. Mega fitness, little strength.

Why d’you wanna be strong? Martial arts, or just for the sake of it?

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

You sure all that gym and ‘bulking up’ isn’t compensation for something else? Serious question.

Yep it sure is, it makes for much much better performance in anything from surfing to cycling. It also makes for healthier muscles and bones. It gives you an edge in most sports. You sir are the sufferer of inferiority complexes.
    I simply have a keen interest in fitness and body conditioning and benefit from the results in it. I have never claimed to have “the perfect BMI/heartrate/whatever” like you yet I can back my “work” up with pics. Something I have noticed you never do.

As for Realman – surely the name is a joke?! That is borderline illness induced skinnyness. I weighed that amount when I was about 14.

You and Elfin seem to be advocates of the “Topman” model look (without the looks) – hey at least you’ll be trendy in some parts of the City:

What do your girlfriends/wives think about the Kate Moss look? Do you have one in fact?!

Keva
    Free Member

Definitely makes a difference when climbing but I have to pedal mote to keep up with heavier riders on descents. I also find it hard to keep up with heavier riders on flat sections of road as I just don’t have the same power.

really ? I never have that problem ! The only person I struggle to keep up with is lighter than me… except for when I did a few race years ago there were always a few in front I could never catch… like 20% of the field.

Kev

devs
    Free Member

6’3″ and a shade under 17st. Got next to no fat but it’s not my gorgeous physique that all the girls are after, it’s my boyish good looks! And my modesty. 😀

Jamie
    Free Member

What do your girlfriends/wives think about the Kate Moss look? Do you have one in fact?!

Now it’s sentences like that which have you coming off fairly childish sometimes Mat.

Anyway. Congrats. This is now going to run and run and run……

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Jamie – haven’t you worked it out yet? I AM fairly childish!

I don’t think either are partnered up that’s all.

BobaFatt
    Free Member

6 foot and the wrong side of 18 stone (by a country mile) pics will not be posted for the laugh and point mob.

Was a hell of a lot lighter but then life took over from cycling and the pounds piled on

Jamie
    Free Member

I don’t think either are partnered up that’s all.

…but you worded it as a dig. Whether someone has a partner or not is not indicative of how they look.

Exhibit a)

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 203 total)

The topic ‘Are most people on here on the large side?’ is closed to new replies.