Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Are homeworkers getting the worst deal out of this snow chaos?
  • chakaping
    Free Member

I mean, I can't even turn up late and blame it on the snow.

In fact, if it gets a lot worse I'll be snowed into the office.

jam-bo

best of both worlds here. when it doesnt snow I have a 45 min commute. when it does I get to work from home.

result eh.

Notter
    Free Member

Same here, if I could go in I would, but I have the option to work at home, hardly busy anyway so mixing work with playing in the snow!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

No. The fools like me who ride in 7.5 miles to sit doing nowt for 10 hours, just to get paid, have it a bit worse I think!

jedi

i get to catch up on my accounts then go ride anyway 🙂

ourmaninthenorth

You may be getting the worst deal out of the snow, but you get the best deal for the remainder of the year.

chakaping
    Free Member

I was being a bit sarky after all those posts from people whingeing about not being let off work.

No complaints here. Three hour afternoon ride yesterday and the trails were frozen lovely and solid (before the new snow).

Dibbs
    Free Member

I tried logging on to work but the connection was so slow I gave up, I think I'll put my feet up and watch the telly instead 😉

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

My work sent everyone home from the Blackburn branch yesterday. We are in Carlisle and somehow managed to keep going.

Today they sent an email around saying unless work has taken the decision to close all employees calling in will be deducted a days pay or 1 days holiday (Their choice).

I believe this is fair and correct.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

I had a choice of driving from Staffordshire to Suffolk today for a 2 hour meeting or working from home (which I do regularly) and having a conference call. No brainer, but being at home every hour of every day does send me a bit loopy.

Trekster

I mean, I can't even turn up late and blame it on the snow.

In fact, if it gets a lot worse I'll be snowed into the office.

NO

There are a lot of people working outside to allow all you soft orifice workers to get there 😈

To keep the wheels of industry turning I a have to get into work tonight.

philfive
    Free Member

its snowed…..its snowed very very hard……. ive still made it to work everyday so no excuse for anyone else 😀

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I could probably get to work now the roads are a bit clearer, but there's no point.

Anyway working on a proposal best done in the quiet. Had a nice 1.5h ride in the snow for my lunch break 😀

miketually
    Free Member

Surely it's only homeworking teachers that are getting the worst deal, because everybody in the country has made it in to work apart from the skiving teachers?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Our companies too tight fisted to 'close'

Theres going to be marshals to get the handfull of cars that turned up out of the carpark at the end of the day. Its a catch 22 for the employees, if we all turned up it'd have to close and we'd be sent home, if none of us turn up we dont get paid because the office is technicaly open!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Are homeworkers getting the worst deal out of this snow chaos?’ is closed to new replies.