Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Are Gorricks at all technical
  • oldgit
    Free Member

Speaking as someone from road and cross racing.

DT78
    Free Member

Not really. Saying that occasionally they have bits that can catch you out when you start getting knackered. I once saw a guy on a cross bike. He wasn’t having that much fun though….

oldgit
    Free Member

I’m not good with man-made stuff, don’t know why it throws me?
    Only done FNSS and a few Lotts Wood.

crosshair
    Free Member

Oldgit, there’s some good footage of one or two on YouTube that give an accurate feel. In the dry, I’d say generally not other than a couple of ‘spud catcher’ climbs each lap. Having raced fun male and open male cats this year as well as my forray into cx I’d say you will be fine technically and right up the front fitness wise.

oldgit
    Free Member

I’d be Grand Vet so no sub category.

pete68
    Free Member

There’s usually a few drop offs, but it’s mostly a mix of twisty rooty singletrack and fire roads. They’re good fun courses which can be enjoyed by all abilities, which is why they have such good turnouts. The spring series xc is more technical than the brass monkeys. But nothing to worry about.

oldgit
    Free Member

The videos make it look like my local patch Woburn.
    One thing though, it looks like it’s hard to pass. Is a getaway essential, or could I roadie up some fire road climbs?

crosshair
    Free Member

There’s normally a wider climb or two each lap and plenty of fire road/double track.

robbo
    Free Member

Some sections are difficult to pass on but they’re usually very short and if you ask nicely most will let you by easily. Plenty of wide tracks for the fast ones in Grand vets!

xcneil
    Free Member

No.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Are Gorricks at all technical’ is closed to new replies.