Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • are Glastonbury 2013 parking tickets held on with super glue?
  • Pook

Or are people just displaying them on their saxos and corsas as some lame badge of honour?

sparkingchains
    Free Member

Are you one of those evil capitalist Land Rover Vogue drivers?

Swelper
    Free Member

Have you taken the wrist band off yet

Pook

For the record – I don’t have one.

sparkingchains
    Free Member

When I was a teenager/early 20s I kept the wrist bands on, kinda badge of honour/talking point when you met people. Oh you went to Glasto too, did you see so and so…

Nothing wrong with that. Old cars are best too, better for the environment to keep a car a long time than endlessly replace it with the latest model. ‘So long as your bikes are worth more than your car’ and all that.

sparkingchains
    Free Member

I used to work in Newmarket, It’s got lots of horse racing enthusiasts. Some were cool but some were right-wing toffs and plenty had pro-hunting stickers on their massive 4×4’s windows. That’s a lot worse in my book.

llama

Car failed its MOT because of this (amongst other things)

Object obscuring the windscreen

In my defense it’s really little llama’s car who is at the keep the armband on age

brooess
    Free Member

I tried to take mine off when I got back in June. Gave up. I think I’m going to have to take a scourer to it and risk scratching the glass

gavjackson1984
    Free Member

No not trying to be cool and yes they are stuck on with super glue.

adjustablewench
    Free Member

I should have made an effort to remove mine on a morning where the thing was damp with condensation – no hope now its frozen on

CountZero

brooess, use a Stanley blade, or get a scraper from a DIY store like B&Q for removing excess paint from windows, then use nail polish remover to dissolve the adhesive that’s left behind.
    Isopropanol might work as well, or white spirit, it all depends on the type of glue used, some s/a paper is designed to be pretty much permanent, other temporary, but that risks peeling off in hot sun, or if there’s condensation on the glass.

Bazz

Definitely super glue, i still have 80% of 2010’s next to 2013’s. Apparently the wise thing to do is to stick it inside a clear A4 folder and blu-tak that to your windscreen, if only i had known.

And the wrist band thing, a mate of mine (in his late forties) keeps wearing his until he secures a ticket for the next one, it has become like a lucky charm for him and he can’t risk taking it off sooner, mine comes off as soon as i’m home and just before i have that first cleansing shower.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘are Glastonbury 2013 parking tickets held on with super glue?’ is closed to new replies.