Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Are frozen tractor tyre ruts…..
  • m1kea
    Free Member

singularly the most uncomfortable surface to ride over ever?

Did my first full winter off road commute this AM and think I have some fillings left in my teeth.

Tom83

I dunno, i reckon frozen horse hoof prints on bridleways top it.

soobalias
    Free Member

perfect for getting your rebound dialled.

m1kea
    Free Member

I find hoof prints just bounce you everywhere, tractor ruts shake me to bits.

[open can of worms] 😉

According to some, did you know that MTBers are apparently to blame for worn paths in this fair land?

Can’t say I’ve ever had issues riding bike tracks, unlike negotiating horse and cattle hoof prints.

[/close can of worms]

sugdenr
    Free Member

According to some, did you know that MTBers are apparently to blame for worn paths in this fair land?

neighbour berated me for my kids toboganning down hill past his house last year Apparently we were selfishly compacting the snow so making it a problem for cars.

Dimwit couldn’t grasp my comparison of 2+ tons of SUV on 4 contact patches the size of postacards vs 18kg of small child on toboggan size contact patch.

I remember motocrossing at speed across frozen ploughed fields, like some kind of extreme sport.

avdave2

My off road commute has both and my bike is rigid. Not really sure which is worse but either beat earlier experiences this winter of struggling to achieve 3 mph downhill with a tailwind on a bridleway the tractors have churned up.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Are frozen tractor tyre ruts…..’ is closed to new replies.