Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Are Fizik saddles worth the extra?
  • c_klein87

I'm after a new white saddle, currently got a charge spoon and i'd happily get a white knife or spoon but would a fizik gobi XM be worth the extra 40quid? i'm doing dusk til dawn and maybe another 12hr solo this year so would it be worth it? cheers

sssimon
    Free Member

if they fit your arse then yes, if you find them as comfortable as sitting on broken glass then no

Fizik saddle are a real love hate thing, I love mine but a few mates hate the (which mean I got to buy em cheap for the rest of my bikes)

I do 12 hour solos on a Fizik Gobi and it's the most comfortable seat I have ridden, not that I have tried all that many different ones.
    The Wing Flex bit really seems to work. I ride a hard tail and I can feel it doing its stuff on the unexpected seated big hits.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    nickegg
    Free Member

I have a XM and a Spoon. The Spoon is sooooo much more comfortable than the XM. The only redeeming feature of the XM is that it's longer so comes in useful when shifting my weight abit further forward when climbing on my full-sus. It came as standard on my Zesty and that's why i have one. There is no way i could spent £40 over the Spoon to try one.

oddjob
    Free Member

Yes get the fizik gobi

coopersport1
    Free Member

Have both, both very comfy, wore out the nose of the spoon faster than I wore through the nose of the Gobi. Spoon throw away buy another Gobi taped up where it was worn through.

Philby

Got a Gobi – great saddle and the long nose make it easier for very steep climbs where you need your weight over the front wheel.

Reluctant
    Free Member

A happy Charge saddle user here. I think the Gobi is too dis-similar and if your arse fits one it won't fit the other. I've hated ever ride I've done on a Gobi – quite a few miles on various demo bikes.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

£40 for a gobi on ebay

c_klein87

cool thanks guys i think il go for the gobi, bugger its not white but doubt they ever stay white

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Are Fizik saddles worth the extra?’ is closed to new replies.