Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Are Easton MTB Wheels any good ?
  • teamslug
    Free Member

As above just want the collective view on bearing/ freehub life and if they stay true…Thanks

tricky-dicky
    Free Member

Mine, Haven 29″, have been excellent so far, light overall weight, strong rims and fast very quiet engaging hubs. Tubeless set up is painless, they are UST so just mount tyre on rim, add fluid and pump up and you are ready to go.
    Certainly coping well with my 100kg bulk on some quick descents. I read a lot about earlier sets <2012 I think but I understand that bearing life has been improved. That said no experience of obtaining parts if I do have a problem. Bought mine from CRC for a lot less than the equivalent hope/stans combo.
    Regards
    Richard

munrobiker
    Free Member

I have some Havens. They are good, but the bearings don’t last that long- about 12 months on mine. Very light and they are good at going tubeless. Bearing swaps are easy.

I damaged a freehub and getting it was a faff. On the whole I like them but next time I’ll be going for cheaper handbuilt wheels with less special bits.

paver456
    Free Member

I have the 26′ xct 70 wheelset I got for 115 quid new last year of ebay shop, brilliant and still perfect

mccraque

I have Ea90xc – 2011 model.

+
    Rims great
    tubeless is a doddle

hub replaced under warranty
    snapped 2 spokes for no good reason! Spare spokes and nipples are not that cheap…

atlaz
    Free Member

I’ve got Easton EA70 XCT. Had a winter of abuse. Seem good still. Happy

jedi

i have easton havens. had them 6 weeks so far and still true and straight but not had a chance to test them on the herts woodwork yet. they handled bpw so far

tops5
    Free Member

I have Easton Havens on 2 bikes

Bearing life isn’t great and spares have been very hard to come by (been waiting about 3 months for a new freehub body) I believe this was due to a change over of importers and that parts should start to be more available soon.

As others have said tubeless set up is dead easy, they’re nice and light and the rims seem to be super tough

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Are Easton MTB Wheels any good ?’ is closed to new replies.