• This topic has 14 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by cp.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Ar$e – DX bike light battery died – what replacement?
  • singletracksurfer

The bike light 900(!) lumens one.

Its hardly been used – but then tahts probably the problem.

Crappy thing.

devs
    Free Member

Smudge will sort you out. PM him.

StirlingCrispin
    singletracksurfer

thanks. Hmm good replacement or risky cheap replacement!?

Could it just be the charger – if so how would I know?

Anyone had this problem – charger light doesn't come on at all when charging it so assumed the battery got naffed when it got left for a long time (2 months) unused, but just heard some people have had charger problems so could actually just be that.

Hip
    Free Member

My charger always shows a green light except when its charging then it turns red…

Sounds like your charger's duff.

cookeaa

Did you try cling film or any other method to keep the battery drier than the crappy little bag/heat shrink? if not you could well have got some damp in the pack, thus buggering it…

Del

you might find this idea a bit wacky i know, but you could try contacting dx and starting a warranty claim?
    be advised that you have to log onto their site to retrieve communication from them, but once you've logged it and said you'll return it ( the whole set ), then shown proof of post, it's likely they'll just send you a replacement…..

HTH.

younggeoff

is it safe to put some silicone on the battery where the lead exits to improve the waterproofing ?

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I see they now have spare lenses. Great I've been riding with a giant projected spider's web as mine broke and has been sellotaped together.

singletracksurfer

Del – have you dealt with DX? They've were really cr@p last time, it took forever and I got nowhere with them.

hasn't been/got wet. Will have a look at the charger.

Del

geoff,
    yes.

uplink
    Free Member

Have you got any way of measuring what the charger is putting out? – a multimeter perhaps?

stevede
    Free Member

StirlingCrispin thanks for the dx link – just ordered spare battery,ext lead, 2 spare o rings and 2 spare lenses for £23 delivered.
    Shocking how much people are charging for these spares on ebay.
    My way of keeping the battery dry is loads of insulation tape round the battery,in a sandwich bag,then in an old multitool pouch which is a bit bigger than the standard battery pouch,then in another sandwich bag and now with the extension cable into a small saddle bag. Put insulation tape around the lead connections too.

uplink
    Free Member
    cp

I'd be scared of using a bog standard PSU to charge a Li-ion battery.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Ar$e – DX bike light battery died – what replacement?’ is closed to new replies.