Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • are drivers really this stupid?
  • mrmo
    Free Member

From this page just in case

Looking at the position of the car i guess they are driving, how the **** can that driver possibly see where they are going!!!

hainey
    Free Member

😆

That is one of the best ones i have seen! But not isolated unfortunately. There are some idiots out there.

hora
    Free Member

Wouldnt happen on a 4×4

dalepoint
    Free Member

this was a common sight yesterday so i guess yes they are. Not just the younger generation some old enough to know better.

roper
    Free Member

I bet Thatcher is driving it.

gusamc
    Free Member

yes

I've seen people phoning (non hands free) and drinking coffee – do the maths

mieszko
    Free Member

Some people… 1min and a broom and the windscreen is free of snow. Maybe that's the newer Micra with some fancy radar guidance like the new S-class Merc. 😉

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Looks as though they didn't clear the windscreen by hand and tried to use the wipers instead. They then jammed and the driver obviously thought "sod it, i'm off''

Drac

Some drivers are incredibly dumb.

spooky_b329

Saw a van the other day, very similar but the wipers had at least made it to a 45 degree angle.

Yesterday I saw someone parking up after their commute, wipers had broken so he had attached string to each wiper, and fed them in the car on each side so that he could do a manual wipe when needed 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

Amazing, but not surprising.

I can't believe, with the risk of snow and ice people still cut across to the exit on a motorway, from the middle lane after the 100m sign. There are some f-wits out there – I honestly think they don't know they are doing anything wrong.

spence
    Free Member

I honestly think they don't know they are doing anything wrong.

I think you are probably right, at that's scary.

Notter
    Free Member

It's not just the windscreen, it's also people who don't clear the couple of inches from the roof of their car, funnily enough once you get above a certain speed the airflow will cause huge chunks to come flying off your roof and flying into those behind them.

Not a major thing if you leave the car ahead enough room of course but it does point to a lack of consideration imo.

verses

people who don't clear the couple of inches from the roof of their car, funnily enough once you get above a certain speed the airflow will cause huge chunks to come flying off your roof and flying into those behind them.

Also, when your car warms up, if you come to a stop at a junction the melted underside of the snow means it all flumps down over your own windscreen. I've seen that happen a few times over the last few weeks.

The other one that bugs me is people not clearing their lights, which means you're only vaguely aware of a red glow under the snow when they're braking 👿

Lurchenstien
    Free Member

Also, when your car warms up, if you come to a stop at a junction the melted underside of the snow means it all flumps down over your own windscreen. I've seen that happen a few times over the last few weeks.

I live right next to a cross road in the middle of town, so plenty of cars stop outside. I've lost count of how many times I've seen that the past week or so.

wombat

Brilliant!!

I'm glad to see that the verb "to Flump" when talking about micro avalances off roofs is getting the use it so richly deserves. 🙂

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

I nearly T Boned a car the other day – all the windows frosted up with just a 10" porthole infront of the drivers seat.

This was on the A595, not far down the hill from Burlington Quarry, so you get some large wagons coming down that hill at velocity.

Got to say, this weather has really highlighted the Muppet drivers (he says having noticed that the front tyres only had a tiny bit over the legal minimum left on them 2 days ago… ahem… new fronts getting fitted today!)

catfood
    Free Member

The son of our local vicar was killed on his motorbike by some bloke who just cleared a letter box sized bit on his windscreen, "didn`t see you guv".

trail_rat
    Free Member

saw a cracker on sky news a fort night ago …

RAC call outs

guy driving along in his new posh merc … snow on roof – brakes and the "flumped" onto his window wipers … snapping them off in the process – i laughed

I got pulled over by a bored cop for having snow over my windows – only i didnt ….never did understand his logic ….think he just wanted an excuse to have words with me because he just about drove into me from behind at a round about when i hesitated due to drivers coming at the round about a bit quick for conditions

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I saw a 'rat look' Pug 306 estate (and I thought it was just reserved for idiots who like making their VWs go rusty – suppose with a Pug you don't have a choice) going into Halifax the other night with a 2ft snowman built on the roof. Its head fell off at the lights – moron..

wwaswas

"Its head fell off at the lights – moron"

yes, a stick down into the body would have been a simple solution and prevented it coming off.

DezB
    Free Member

😆

thegreatape
    Free Member

like a snow El Cid

flippinheckler
    Free Member

thegreatape – Member
    like a snow El Cid

Class 😆

crikey
    Free Member

like a snow El Cid.

Very possibly the finest comment I have ever seen, comedy genius.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘are drivers really this stupid?’ is closed to new replies.