Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Are cyclists getting dumber?
  • brooess
    Free Member

The bus driver decided to ‘teach her a lesson’ by swerving into her,

I assume you reported him? We had a van driver have a go at taking out every one of our club group on Saturday. We badly need some kind of psychological assessment in the driving test so that people so easily angered can’t get behind the wheel. Especially as a ‘professional’ driver as that means they’re on the road 7-8 hours a day – an awful lot of opportunity to kill a cyclist!

Bunnyhop

. We badly need some kind of psychological assessment in the driving test

For everyone I think.

I did think about reporting the driver however she really shouldn’t have ridden out directly in front of a huge, noisy moving object such as a bus.

ransos
    Free Member

I did think about reporting the driver however she really shouldn’t have ridden out directly in front of a huge, noisy moving object such as a bus.

This is true. Do you think the appropriate punishment is to assault her with a lethal weapon?

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Re earphones & iPods – they are now driving the ‘Whispering Death’ or Prius, nearly been taken out by these silent demons twice now, they just purr rounds the corner at speed – no warning engine noise at all.

mikey74
    Free Member

So, a cyclist I saw on the way home: He had all the gear on for safely riding at night, such as a rear light, a front light, a light fixed to the top of his rucksack, and a hi-viz cover for said rucksack. He then proceeded to ride straight through a red light at a crossroads.

What is it that makes some cyclists (and drivers, for that matter) think they are immune to the rules of the road? Particularly those that are so obviously there for your own safely, such as red lights at busy junctions.

dirtycrewdom
    Free Member

Bad news today. I had to call an ambulance for a cyclist. He will be fine, just a little smashed up. Very bloody face, possible fractures on his left leg and right shoulder.

I was in a queue of traffic coming down towards the lights at the bottom of the hill, probably doing about 20 miles an hour. The cyclist was caining it down the white line in middle of the road and tried to cut accross the car behind me to make a left hand turn. No signals, no nothing. He didn’t have the speed to make the gap so got hit by the car and was bounced into the back of my car. He ended up falling on his bike and getting hit again by the car behind but at a much lower speed. I think all the damage had been done on the initial impact and then the impact into my car as well.

As I said, not critical but definitely bashed up. Just lucky he didn’t try that when the cars were going faster.

Cyclists of Bristol. Sort your selves out.

Bunnyhop

This is true. Do you think the appropriate punishment is to assault her with a lethal weapon?

ransos – agree.
    However she was going at the slowest pace a bicycle can without toppling over (sit up and beg) and she was apologising a lot.
    Had it kicked off big time, then I definitely was ready to dive off the bus and make sure she was o.k and report the driver.

brakes
    Free Member

dirtycrewdom, do you wear a black hooded clock and carry a scythe?

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Are cyclists getting dumber?’ is closed to new replies.