Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Are Bontrager Jones XRs are good?
  • Jamie
    Free Member

It's just that I got some wheels with them on and instinctively have popped them off to sell before going for some Maxxis Ardents/Advantages or similar.

On checking it is going to be £60 for a pair of new tyres I thought I might just put the Bontys back on for the time being….but are they any cop before I start getting messy with sealant?

Usage = Gnarlcore Bridleway/Woburn.

For the record i fit a tyre then change it when it falls apart.

highclimber
    Free Member

I have a set on my P7, they seem to roll pretty fast but they haven't seen much action since I put them on so can't comment on all conditions – just dry!

binners

I bloody love mine.

They were fitted on the Bonty wheels I've got. I thought I might change them but after a few rides I decided they were most definitely staying. Great tyres!

DezB
    Free Member

Nice tread pattern, nice and fat, but horribly fragile. Have a fairly new set, but just don't trust them. PSSSSSSSSST!

(IME! no doubt someone will say they are the toughest tyres around!)

Jamie
    Free Member

(IME! no doubt someone will say they are the toughest tyres around!)

I would expect nothing less 😉

mboy
    Free Member

They're quick, grippy, light, a decent size, tubeless ready and can be picked up fairly cheap.

But they're definitely not an all seasons tyre as they're useless in the slop!

If you've got (or will get) some mud tyres for use in the winter, the Bonty XR's are a pretty good tyre for about 8 months of the year.

Oh, and the sidewalls are quite then, but then I've not had any issues to date with mine…

theotherjonv

Have been fantastic for these past few weeks, until I went on a damp ride a week or 10 days back and 'exposed their limitations'

Now back to my usual combo, but if for example I was doing Mayhem this w/e and if i was sure that it was going to be dry, I'd be very tempted to put them back on.

That said, it's a faff to time and again change tubeless, so i would be doing so with tubes.

Jamie
    Free Member

That said, it's a faff to time and again change tubeless, so i would be doing so with tubes.

That is my thinking really, and what with the summer being its usual soggy self it is tempting to just put some all-rounders on and sell the Bontys rather than faffing about.

Are Bontrager Jones XRs are good?

Dammit!

Should be:

Are Bontrager Jones XRs are any good?

bikemonkey
    Free Member

I've had them on my hardtail for over a year and haven't changed them (although I haven't done much gooey riding over winter). I was thinking of leaving them on for MM to see how it goes, and picking up a pair of mud tyres when I get there if needed.

rOcKeTdOg

use 26" and 29" fronts all year round in mud and dust, fantastic tyre

Jamie
    Free Member

Hmm…might as well just bang them back on then by the looks of things and look at getting something else nearer Winter. Well…thats £60 saved by the looks of things…..unless…..*waits for any negative views* 😉

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Are Bontrager Jones XRs are good?’ is closed to new replies.