Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 162 total)
  • Are birkenstock sandals…
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

TJ, do you not have a suit stolen from Lothian Transport, and wear tracksuit bottoms outside the house?

Nice xenophobic generalisations too, one step away from racism in my book 😉

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

TJ v’s Molly in fashion wars.

This is truly amazing. I’ve seen pictures of both of you, Molly how you can say anything after the one of you in those shorts.

maccruiskeen

There was a wink with my post regarding hubby. However I do tend to advise him on his fashion wear, as he’s got little (read no) taste.

I watched a BBC breakfast item where someone was giving practical fashion tips for glampers heading to glastonbury. After a long list of on-trend things that ladies should wear the presenter asked “and what about men, do you have any fashion advice for them this summer?” and she replied “Men?…..pfft, just wear what you want. You’ll just get it wrong anyway.”

headfirst
    Free Member

brown shoes with jeans

is the only option, shirley? What do you wear? Please don’t say black shoes!

molgrips
    Free Member

Molly how you can say anything after the one of you in those shorts

Cycling shorts, mate.. different. In those shorts and a snazzy roadie top I look the biz on my road bike. Especially now I am all ripped and everything thanks to Mr I. Dave of these parts.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Point made Molgrips! No middleaged man looks good in cycling kit.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

headfirst – Member

“brown shoes with jeans”

is the only option, shirley? What do you wear? Please don’t say black shoes!

I don’t wear jeans. I am 50 and have some dignity. If I was only casual footwear would be acceptable not dress shoes.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Point made Molgrips! No middleaged man looks good in cycling kit.

Depends on your physique.

binners

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Kingtut – again rubbish – only a complete lack of style sense would allow you to think so.

Jeezo – I knew the brits were poor in the style stakes but it just gets worse!

molgrips
    Free Member

No middleaged man looks good in cycling kit

What about this guy?

Or this one?

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Kingtut – again rubbish – only a complete lack of style sense would allow you to think so.

I look better in Lycra now at the age of 43 than I did at the age of 35.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Heh good trolling TJ, you almost had me there.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

#
    KINGTUT – Member

I look better in Lycra now at the age of 43 than I did at the age of 35.

Quite possibly – however you don’t look good in it. No one does. You look like a plonker in lycra. You just do. We all do apart from the athletic young ladies and a few of the best looking YOUNG men

Cougar

I look great in my lycra.

Largely because it’s hidden under my baggies.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Quite possibly – however you don’t look good in it. No one does. You look like a plonker in lycra. You just do. We all do apart from the athletic young ladies and a few of the best looking YOUNG men

OK point taken, I shall ride with my trackie bottoms tucked into my hiking shoes then, I’m sure I’ve seen a picture of someone riding a tandem dressed like that.

mistermouse
    Free Member

PP,
    ‘IMO the Government should introduce a ‘Sandal License’ and police it harshly!’

To stop people wearing them with shorts and socks pulled up to their knees ??

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Kingtut – I am completely aware of what I look like – but sometimes I just don’t care. I ain’t deluded.

mcboo
    Free Member

OK from the global epicentre of urban hipster douchebaggery that is Shoreditch…..

This is what I’m poncing around in this summer.

I dont have a pair of ice-lolly shorts but I wish I did.

BikePawl
    Free Member

Fashion Advice from TJ, Hahahahahahahaha!!!!

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Kingtut – I am completely aware of what I look like – but sometimes I just don’t care. I ain’t deluded.

Yet you care so much about how other people look.

binners

Christ on a bendybus. There are some delusional people on here.

Blokes over the age of 30 wearing lycra are an offense against decency and taste. Its a problem that needs addressing, so that those of us with a glimmer of self-awareness don’t have to be lumped (appropriate word) in with these aesthetic abominations as ‘cyclists’

Basically, when seen in public the aging lycra-bandit should be immediately arrested and taken for communist style re-education programme.

This ‘counseling’ should take the form of being forced to look in a full length at the lycra-clad horror, while a coterie of really bitchy gay blokes point at you, and whisper behind their hands at each other

Then repeatedly slapped around the face with a wet fish, whilst being told very loudly the awful (but obvious to everyone else) truth.

“OI!!! WTF DO YOU THINK YOU LOOK LIKE?!! YOU DELUSIONAL HALF-WIT. WHAT DO YOU SEE IN THAT MIRROR?! A FINELY HONED ATHLETE?!! GET A ****ING GRIP!! YOU LOOK LIKE AN EXPLOSION IN A ****ING SAUSAGE FACTORY. YOU KNOW WHN YOU SEE A FAT BIRD IN LEGGINGS?! EH? AND YOUR STOMACH CHURNS? EH? THAT’S ****ING YOU, THAT IS. NOW PUT SOME ****ING CLOTHES ON, YOU GIMP!!!

should do the trick 😀

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

LOL@ Binners

mcboo
    Free Member

what if you’re 10kg lighter at 40 than you were at 30, and unapproachably handsome?

KINGTUT
    Free Member

what if you’re 10kg lighter at 40 than you were at 30, and unapproachably handsome?

That’s me that is 😉

mcboo
    Free Member

….but not Binners I shouldnt think…..

Junkyard
    Free Member

Blokes over the age of 30 wearing lycra are an offense against decency and taste. Its a problem that needs addressing, so that those of us with a glimmer of self-awareness don’t have to be lumped (appropriate word) in with these aesthetic abominations as ‘cyclists’

Some of us still have a BMI that is lower than our age and are in possesion off only one belly

binners

This isn’t anything at all to do with BMI, you fool! Its about simple dignity, or the lack of.

If this has to be explained, then there’s really no hope. Off to the re-education camp with him. Its for your own good. You’ll thank me one day I promise you 😉

molgrips
    Free Member

As if riding a road bike in baggies is any better?

This is quality btw – classic TJ arguing but funny 🙂

headfirst
    Free Member

I’m confused binners, what goes best with lycra: birkenstocks or deck shoes?

binners

deck shoes? birkenstocks? with lycra? How frightful. I was thinking more…..

Junkyard
    Free Member

Its about simple dignity, or the lack of

oh yes the dignity my youth whilstdressing like a Goth 😯
    I mean I would look silly now with a bright red mohichan or dreds but as a youth I think I pulled it off with style…is this your argument 😉

binners

erm… yeah. Pretty much summed it up really. When you’re young and daft people will indulge your sillyness.

Whether people want to admit it or not, a man over 30 in lycra solicits only pity

hora
    Free Member

OP your 40 NOT 55. 😆

What next?

Cowboy boots? 🙄

binners

Stand back! Stand back! Jean Paul Gaultier’s arrived

Stuey01
    Free Member

This forum is the absolute last place I would ever come for fashion advice.

hora
    Free Member

OP – Reading the thread it reminded me of Amelie’s Dad in the film Amelie

binners I am a fashion Tour De Force..

I’m off to the Marble tonight btw

Junkyard
    Free Member

I am cycling i want someting skin tight that does not flap in the wind. I am not trying to look cool if I was i would have a fixie and skinny jeans.
    IMHO no one looks good in cycling gear though some folk look trully awful

Woody
    Free Member

I struggle with long sentences

FWIW I have , and wear :-
    Deck shoes – 15 years old and comfiest shoes I’ve got. They’ve been soaked in salt and fresh water, mud, neglected and still refuse to look anything other than great IMO.
    Sandals – cheap synthetic pair bought in Cyprus 14 years ago and have walked 100’s miles, been swimming, rock scrambling etc. – also refuse to die
    Flip-flops – 2 pairs, one cheap thick soled beauties bought by a French friend some years ago and are mega comfy even though the thong part has been repaired several times. The other pair, IXS Backcountry (fashionable !!?) bought from CRC last year and are too hard and not comfy at all.

TBH I don’t know what’s worse, people actually discussing this as if they really care, or me actually bothering to post as I couldn’t give a monkeys chuff if others disapprove of my choice of footwear or the fact I am over 50 and still wear flip-flops, deck shoes, sandals, jeans and ………..wait for it…..hoodies.

I should obviously be stabbed with something pointy and become my Grandad 8)

EDIT: I draw the line at lycra – but that is purely due to vanity and having bumps where there shouldn’t really be any.

molgrips
    Free Member

people actually discussing this as if they really care,

You do realise this is a joke thread don’t you?

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 162 total)

The topic ‘Are birkenstock sandals…’ is closed to new replies.