Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 162 total)
  • Are birkenstock sandals…
  • Bunnyhop

So bunnyhop, as a lady ( I presume), what would you suggest?

I’m fine with men in sandals as long as they look after their feet as AnnB above says.

There was a wink with my post regarding hubby. However I do tend to advise him on his fashion wear, as he’s got little (read no) taste.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Anna – how about if you bite your toenails?

Bunnyhop

Anna – how about if you bite your toenails?

T.J. you’re naked and just showing off imo 🙂

Anna-B
    Free Member

So long as the nails are short. So long as I don’t have to watch!

DrJ

TJ:

I am naked to avoid heatstroke

I am wondering if the part of my brain containing that image can be accessed with a coat hanger via the side of my eyeball.

headfirst
    Free Member

I am naked to avoid heatstroke

Could’ve been worse…”I am naked and having a stroke”

IGMC and new Birkenstocks

KINGTUT
    Free Member

The shoes TJ posted are indeed deck shoes by name, so are these;

But TJ is wrong as this (as PP points out) is a loafer;

Although you can get a bastard hybrid of them both;

Which I think is where TJ is getting mixed up.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I was told in no uncertain terms that men should not wear any sandals the other day, it’s uncool.

I’ve been wearing them for years.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

I was told in no uncertain terms that men should not wear any sandals … it’s uncool.

I’ve been wearing them for years.

Proof positive.

IanMunro
    Free Member

I’m currently wearing a pair of these, which probably puts me beyond help.

binners

I think even Jesus would have baulked at those.

And you’re missing a trick. Nike do a split-toe sock you could wear with those, just to fully complete the ensemble

bikebouy
    Free Member

OMG, I mean OMG!!

Deck Shoes on anyone older than 19 are just hidious.. Sperry Topsiders or Sebago or Timberland.. Fek right off.. Don’t go there, please, you’ll look like your Dad.. or a n*b or both and if you do and possibly wear chinos with pleats then you deserve to be ridiculed by everyone on here..

As for Birks’ anything goes Man, jeans rolled/unrolled, shorts.. anything..

And don’t bring loafers into this forum please, especially the tasstled variety..

KINGTUT
    Free Member

TeddyBare
    Free Member

I use a pair of:

…but then I am a long, long, way past “40” (pft. Kids.) 😉

IanMunro
    Free Member

And you’re missing a trick. Nike do a split-toe sock you could wear with those, just to fully complete the ensemble

I’ve got a pair of these, but haven’t tried em with the sandals. Would it be a winning combo with the ladies?

bagpuss72
    Free Member

There now these are much more like proper sandals….. much better!

binners

Ian – Choose the right pastel shade for your polo shirt, and You’ll be beating them off with a shitty stick

EDIT: Bagpuss – Nice to see you opting for your usual sensible, conservative approach to footwear dear

bagpuss72
    Free Member

But they’re so pretty and open so functional for hot days…. go for these OP

DrJ

Ian – if Jesus had worn those his own mother would have stoned him to death.

(whereas if he’d followed bagpuss’s advice the world would be a different – and probably nicer – place.)

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

wunhundred!

ballsofcottonwool
    Free Member

2 strap Birkenstocks are acceptable
    Crocs are what the cleaner wears.

headfirst
    Free Member

I never knew* my footwear choice would lead to such debate!

Bagpuss do they come in size 10’s?

*of course I knew, who am I kidding?

skinnysteel
    Free Member

You’ll be fine (said the 50+ man in the 15 year old odour-free Boston ‘clog’ style Birkis). My mother is German, tho’.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

You need to ask yourself would an Italian or Frenchman wear this? If the answer is yes it might be acceptable. If you ask would Clarkson, a German or an American wear this the probability is it is not acceptable.

Very simple

Its always fun working out the nationality of tourists when abroad – the brits are the badly dressed ones usually

RichPenny
    Free Member

What does your boyfriend think?

mansonsoul
    Free Member

Birkis are amazing: they are w i d e and comfy and look great with trousers or shorts and make you look like a german or a hippy, and they are great and everything.

I’m quite keen on them, you see 😀

tazzymtb

run around barefoot it’s great when your soles get all leather like and tough, sandals are the footwear of beelzebub as are any form of loafer.

myheadsashed

I have these 😳

or my Tevas

molgrips
    Free Member

You need to ask yourself would an Italian or Frenchman wear this? If the answer is yes it might be acceptable

Lol.. you think French men are well dressed? And you think foreigners always dress better than Brits! Haha! Have you ever actually been abroad?!

TeddyBare
    Free Member

He lives there, doesn’t he?

donsimon
    Free Member

You need to ask yourself would an Italian or Frenchman wear this? If the answer is yes it might be acceptable. If you ask would Clarkson, a German or an American wear this the probability is it is not acceptable.

Very simple

Its always fun working out the nationality of tourists when abroad – the brits are the badly dressed ones usually
    😯
    The Brits are the pink ones. 😆

Hopscotch
    Free Member

I don’t think you’ll ever see an Italians wearing them they have sence! A These are ll wrong, and so are UGG boats-although not a sandal they still look simple and scruffy and eco made from recycled waste…like!

Wide enough for a gruffolos foot though

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

You need to ask yourself would an Italian or Frenchman wear this? If the answer is yes it might be acceptable
    Lol.. you think French men are well dressed? And you think foreigners always dress better than Brits! Haha! Have you ever actually been abroad?!

+100000 molgrips!

The French are THE most unstylish nation I’ve EVER seen. Simply hideous!

The Italians can dress up superbly, but day to day they are no different to us. The Yanks are fine, like the Aussies. They dress ‘casual outdoorsy’ very well. I’ve got quite a few bits and bobs of clothing and footwear from both countries. 🙂 (Chaco sandals anyone…?)

emsz
    Free Member

You need to ask yourself would an Italian or Frenchman wear this?

My dad’s fashion advice is a lot like this, he just asks himself “Would James Bond wear….?”

It pretty much solves every fashion dilemma apparently

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Birkenstocks: guaranteed to get you pussy…

DSC04054 by stuartie_c, on Flickr

TiRed

Loved my Birkenstocks – bought in Italy where they sell NARROW for my AAA width feet 😀 . After wearing them down to nothing and effectively rendering the Tevas redundant, I’m back on another pair of Tevas.

I like Clarks sandals, but cant tighten them enough – need six toes per foot.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Well yes I have been abroad and french and italian men dress far better than brits on the whole.

Itsso obvious who the brits abroad are – the one with the bad clothes.

its only ‘cos you have no style that you think dressing like Clarkson is acceptable and dressing with style is not.

anonymouse
    Free Member

Birkis are ace. Boston clogs for round the house and the ones with the heel strap (Milano?) so as to avoid floppy-floppy noises for any day when there’s no snow on the ground.

P.S. I am middle aged, middle class, uncool and quite comfortable with that thanks very much.

molgrips
    Free Member

Well yes I have been abroad and french and italian men dress far better than brits on the whole

You have no taste, you’ve already proved that.

AND I DO NOT DRESS LIKE BLOODY CLARKSON!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Bet you do. Jeans with sports jacket? Untucked shirt, brown shoes with jeans?

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 162 total)

The topic ‘Are birkenstock sandals…’ is closed to new replies.