Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 151 total)
  • are beards now "in"?
  • rOcKeTdOg

Seems like all the fashionistas are now sporting chin fungus, have the 70’s been revived? Is it now socially acceptable to sport a beard without being seen as an outcast or pervert?

I may shave in protest

zilog6128

In general yes, however don’t worry, your one is still horribly unfashionable. 🙂

epicsteve
    Free Member

Is it now socially acceptable to sport a beard without being seen as an outcast or pervert?

No. IMHO.

Houns

For a couple of years at least, hipsters started and then going more main stream.

Just attention seekers 😛

Only if you are about 25

binners

I know who I hold responsible for it. Among other things they’ll one day be held to account for once I’m running everything. Not long now.

jonathan
    Free Member

I grow a beard every few weeks and then shave it off. So I’m either half fashionable, or half unfashionable.

LoCo
    Free Member

Yes and have been for a while apprantly, thankfully it’s spring so my one was shaved off a month or so ago and they will be out of fashion by the time it gets cold enough that I need to grow another one 😉

Is it now socially acceptable to sport a beard without being seen as an outcast or pervert?

Depends on the beard type

emsz
    Free Member

Beards are pretty cool I think

huckleberryfatt
    Free Member

No–unless you’re Santa and it’s Christmas (even Santa shaves in the off season)

rOcKeTdOg

Binners, I’m happy to report I have no idea who the chaps in your pic are

Give me a clue

jekkyl

which one of those is you bin man?

emsz
    Free Member

Mumford and Sons rocketdog

Binners loves them

rOcKeTdOg

Ah, yes pseudo-folk another band wagon that’s currently overcrowded

LoCo
    Free Member

Is the one in the middle daddy mumford? on the borderline between beard and excessive stubble though really arn’t they?

jekkyl

the middle left one’s just made a joke about the one on the right having a little one, the middle right one is laughing, the one on the right is laughing but secretly sad because he does a small inadequate one and the one on the very left is thinking ‘I’ve got a great manly one’
    …beard that is.

RustySpanner

Don’t forget flat caps.
    Can’t fart in Ancoats without offending some semi-bearded cap wearing simian.

I’ve not been so cutting edge since flares came back the first time.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Only if you are about 25

27 and I’m currently rockin’ a deeply unfashionable Grizzly Addams number. Usualy it’s a winter beard, but I’m thinking it might stay for the rest of the year this time.

I know who I hold responsible for it. Among other things they’ll one day be held to account for once I’m running everything. Not long now.

I see no beards? A bit of stubble, but no beard.

chiefgrooveguru

In general yes, however don’t worry, your one is still horribly unfashionable.

Back of the net.

bigblackshed

Emsz.

Don’t take this the wrong way, but you don’t exactly speak for all of woman kind. 😉 The scruffy beardy types whom the meeja have taken a liking for, do in the real world go home alone.

binners

jonathan – Member
    I grow a beard every few weeks and then shave it off. So I’m either half fashionable, or half unfashionable.

You’re both! But I can’t fathom out which is which. When you are or when you aren’t 😀

hora
    Free Member

I’ve no problem with beards. What I WOULD like to see back are big moustaches. Then I’m in.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

no idea

if fashion is me then I win

bigblackshed

Hora, like this:

Or this:

Mister-P
    Free Member

Beards are so two years ago.

hora
    Free Member

Quite a good looking dude when he was younger. Thats the power of the moustache you see.

cinnamon_girl

Need to be kept clean and tidy. Z Z Top look is not good. Some beards can look hot. 😀

cinnamon_girl

Just been perving Googling for hot men with beards and they’re in short supply. Even George Clooney looks scary with one!

Moustache – Tom Selleck!

Duggan

I’d say they were in a while ago but now on the way out

cinnamon_girl

Pretty hot for an old geezer:

codybrennan
    Free Member

I had one for years and shaved it off on Tuesday, as everywhere I looked there were men younger than me (wouldnt be hard) with expansive facial hair. I’m officially awkward.

cinnamon_girl

😆

zippykona

Can I do my joke again?
    If **** gives you hairy palms who did you get your beard?
    I once said this to a patch holder in a bikers pub after he took the piss out of me in my cycling gear.
    Luckily he laughed.

toxicsoks
    Free Member

Soks Jr (21) sports a beard. For that reason, I’m out.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Even in the stringent old school, old boy, old Harrovian types I work with are starting to adorn a full (all be it immaculately trimmed) bushy face. Ok so it’s in Shiney Town where you can see Hoxton tube station from our 30th floor but for sure the hairy face is here for about 4 more years until the Hoxton types get promotions and the world changes once again.

miketually
    Free Member

Beards are always cool, even when they’re not ‘in’.

RustySpanner

Do you wash yours Mike?

Dolcered

I’m quite liking bearded blokes. I Blame sons of anarchy!

miketually
    Free Member

Do you wash yours Mike?

It’s in the vicinity of the shower when I have a shower.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 151 total)

The topic ‘are beards now "in"?’ is closed to new replies.