Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Are all stove top coffee pots made equally.?
  • neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Are they.?

Does a £30 Bialetti perform any better than a £5 TK max job.?

montylikesbeer
    alexpalacefan

Got a £5 one from Asda. Shite!
    However my Bialetti is still going strong 3 yrs on
    APF

GrahamS

My cheapo “Espresso Gift Set” (probably from TinkyMaxx) is still going fine, after a couple of years irregular use. Rubber seal looks a little bit worn tho.

fybot
    Free Member

My Bialetti Mukka Express makes mornings a little more bearable …

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

Mine from Tesco is ok, but only that.

Dabber
    Free Member

I use them a lot and have had all sorts – cheap lookalikes to Alessi. Std Bialetti Moka Express (the tapered hex one) is the best there is by a mile.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Even cheap ones can be fine, but you want to make sure the seal material is silicone based, rather than rubber based. The rubber based ones tend to die rather rapidly and not work. If it’s rubbery seal bit is transparent or semi-transparent then it’ll probably be fine for a long time.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Also, if you’re going to use it a lot, Think about getting the stainless Bialetti ones rather than alu, I find the Alu ones corrode easily and I’m not keep on the idea of drinking lots of Aluminium with my coffee.

GrahamS

So is the extra £25 for a silicone-based O-ring?!
    Or is there some other difference in the design and construction of the Bialetti?

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Mine was on special offer from M&S – £20 for a mokka.

jools182
    Free Member

got one of these, far too nice to use though 🙂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Burny tasting coffee though no?

(I’m fully aware that the fact that some people “like” burny tasting coffee was established last week sometime 🙂 )

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Are all stove top coffee pots made equally.?’ is closed to new replies.