Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Are all Schwalbe tyres tubeless ready now?
  • Garry_Lager

Doing a tubeless conversion on a stock giant s-xc rim which came with racing ralphs.
    The tyres don’t say TLR anywhere on them – what are the chances that they behave themselves tubeless? [All for giving them a whirl, but if it’s going to be a battle I’d prefer to get something I know works].

njee20
    Free Member

They’ll be fine. Non Tubeless Schwalbes worked better than the TLR ones!

cp

My oem grade compound racing Ralph have been the most stress free tubeless set up I’ve ever used. Go one easily, go up easily, not an issue since.

ndthornton
    Free Member

From my experience of Schwalbe tyres their ability to run tubeless is entirely dictated by how thick the the sidewalls are rather than what is written on the sidewall itself.

As has been mentioned; a set of none tubeless snakeskin tyres have been bomber tubeless where as a set of “tubeless ready” thin walled tyres took an age to set up and require topping up with air before every ride.

This makes perfect sense and I don’t mind the extra faff for a lighter tyre but calling them “tubeless ready” really does take the p*ss

otsdr
    Free Member

The TLR designation only refers to the tolerances and finishing of the bead, the tyre itself can be a sieve, especially the lighter ones.

njee20
    Free Member

And the beads on the older Evo tyres still worked brilliantly. They started messing about with tolerances on the TLR ones, and still are, really annoying!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Are all Schwalbe tyres tubeless ready now?’ is closed to new replies.