• This topic has 56 replies, 44 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by hora.
Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • ARE ALL BMW X5 DRIVERS…
  • owenfackrell
    Free Member

One of the blokes in my office drives an x3 and he is a **** on the roads but wehn i have pointed out to him (with video) he thinks its funny and says that bike shouldn't be on the road as they don't pay tax 😕 .
    Just to balance it i had 2 BMW's let me pull out when riding home yesterday.
    I find that the vast magority of drivers are ok but those that think they are driving a 'luxury' car are the worst for cutting you up and trying to bully you out of the way.
    I have noticed a complete lack of ralising what a solid white line is for when riding home from work but that seems to cover just about every driver going.

Timmo
    Free Member

ive got to say that when ever i'm traveleing any distance its Always tyhe German cars that are the source of all the Bad driving on the roads! be it lanes, a roads or motorways! never ceases to amaze me how bad they get lol!

i think with a lot fo them its a case of My car cost more thanyours therefor i am Much richer and important so get out the way! sadly, it should be pointed out that thye are the misguided souls!
    mind you, they do provide an income for a lot of my friends in the trade (car cleaning) so cant all be bad!

charliemort

what was it Clarkson said? – "stressed out mother in scruffy dressing grown and tousled hair has to drive a Volvo XC90, whilst posh woman with expensive hairdo on her head and none at all between her legs must drive a Range Rover Sport"

not sure what that's got to do with BMW's but made me laugh………..

st

Yes, it's all BMW drivers of which I am one so shove it up your a55es you beardy wearing, fixie riding, holier than thou pedants.

ski
    Free Member

True story coming up:

My Mrs used to have a company car a MINI One and very nice it was too.

She asked me to drop it off with a BMW dealer to get it serviced, so I trotted off with her car to do just that.

As I was being dealt with at the service desk, a angry women came in dropping off her X5 in a fowl mood, all snotty and rude to the staff.

We both waited for the staff members to sort out the keys to our loan cars.

One of staff member came back me and looking quite apologetic said there had been a mix up with the loan car and if it was OK with me, would I mind using one of the staff cars, to which I replied that would be fine, she then told me it was a BMW 6 series!

The look on the other customers face was absolutely priceless as the other service staff member said her loan car was ready, a BMW 1 series something?

She hit the roof!

Going on, that she brought a X5 in and should have the 6 series and how could they possibly let someone with a MINI have a car like that!

Only when I picked up my Mrs car later, did the staff say that they did it just to wind her up!

Guess they don't like rude X5 drivers too 😉

hora
    Free Member

i think with a lot fo them its a case of My car cost more thanyours therefor i am Much richer and important so get out the way! sadly, it should be pointed out that thye are the misguided souls!

Or "I have a HPI agreement which needs servicing"

We employed someone who drove a nearly new Audi convertible on credit. He couldnt afford a set of new tyres let alone run the bloody thing. Idiot.

fennesz
    Free Member

Someone at work asked about my Nissan Pathfinder and came out with "it's a beast – didn't expect that coz you're a cyclist…"

hora
    Free Member

fennesz, generalisers tend to generalise about everything in life.

You smoke? You are a burden on the health service.
    You ride a bike? Your a cyclist.

chakaping
    Free Member

Cliches exist because they are generally true.

But for me it's not the arrogance or the selfishness of many 4×4 drivers that winds me up, so much as the unimaginativeness.

hora
    Free Member

Oi I drive a 4×4. TBH I would prefer to stay AWD rather than go back to FWD. It just feels more stable/grip/better. My car isnt a proper 4×4 though, more allwheeldrive..

(Not mine/mines not as posh but a likeness)

Harry_the_Spider

Ideal for growing families.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

mmmmmmm scooby, didnt Clarkson test a legacy in its sporty spec? Said somethign about it being the best sports car ever because even an average person could take it to its limits (there was a very scared Subaru rally driver in the passenger seat)!

Teetosugars
    Free Member

hora – Member
    Oi I drive a 4×4. TBH I would prefer to stay AWD rather than go back to FWD. It just feels more stable/grip/better. My car isnt a proper 4×4 though, more allwheeldrive..

Am I being thick here, but whats the difference between 4 wheel drive and All wheel drive??

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

its a bit like the difference between all-mountain jeycore gnarl, and jeycore freeride lite rocky.

hora
    Free Member

I was going to pick up a c5yr old MX5 in Oct/Nov but I dont think this is possible now 🙁

thisisnotaspoon didnt see that clip but considering Im nowhere near a technical driver – My Forester stepped out in torrential rain, I lifted so it pendulum-swung the other way so I buried the throttle and it wiggled back. Another car I'd have probably spun it but the Forester never felt like I had 'lost control' just 'stepped out of line' (girlfriend wasnt impressed mind).

Am I being thick here, but whats the difference between 4 wheel drive and All wheel drive??

Your not being thick, its partly semantics but the forester isnt a proper 4×4. Its more a soft-roader. More dirt tracks- an honest admission that you couldnt take it offroad properly by Subaru.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

I used to have a Forester of mental engine flavour (had been breathed upon by Prodrive). Ace fun, very quick and more fun than should be legal down forestry roads. Only problem was when bits fell off it cost a fortune to repair. Everything had to be flown in from Japan 🙁

Changed that for a Saab, but that was pants off road and the suspension kept falling off 😉

Changed that for a Nissan Navara which was loads of fun on beaches, surprisingly quick on the road and more frugal than I would have thought possible (32 – 34mpg IIRC, had it up at 40mpg when pootling around the Western Isles). Alas the engine blew up regular as clockwork so it was in the garage more than I was driving it. Got shot of it as soon as the warranty expired (so in a year then, it was second hand and I do 30k a year)

So now I have a Suzuki Vitara, bought brand new (company car) and it is ace. Other than being as thirsty/thirstier than the Navara. I throw loads of tools in it and drive around Cumbria, then over a few fields… just keeps going.

And get this. I let people out of junctions, give cyclists space when I pass (not necessarily on the other carriage way, but the 2 – 3 feet clearance that I would give a car or moped). I tend to get chased down by posh 4x4s when I overtake them, for some reason this is a slur on their cars performance see – I think that the Vitara is about the slowest option available… I drive fast as I am trying to maintain momentum, slowing down and speeding up is deeply inefficient both on fuel and time!

I tend to find that Audis are driven by complete cocks, along with a few of the beemers, though less than in the past. Mini Coopers are also pricks cars by and large… and anything driven by an old person or a boy racer.

Speaking of boy racers – why the hell do they always try and stop me passing on the bike? Soon as I pull out the accelerate hard! Do they think they can go faster (bike probably has the same bhp as their wankchariot???)

Drivers – waaaaay too many poor ones on the road. You really notice it when you get out the box and onto 2 wheels, more so when you are able to travel at the same speed or faster than cars.

hora
    Free Member

RobS, thats what I dont get. The same people think you are climbing ontop and humping them if they let you overtake them so they often speed up as you pull out to stop this then they anchor on and bimble round the corner (with you behind thinking WTF).

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘ARE ALL BMW X5 DRIVERS…’ is closed to new replies.