Viewing 11 posts - 81 through 91 (of 91 total)
  • Are 26ers really dead
  • Poggy
    Free Member

Love my 26″ specialized stumpy expert ‘last of the anodised frame’, it’s the control i like best, smaller wheels giving you much more of it! Was riding next to a 29er last wk & they just look a bit odd to me :-\

matt22
    Free Member

I think your talking about initial inertia there big dog which is heading in to physics and I may leave my self out gunned and embarrassed , but the way i think of it is if my 29 inch wheel weighed less than yours then no it wouldn’t, if my tyres had a lower friction coefficient then that could also help, its the same with bearings, so you have to add those factors in to all wheel types.

maxtorque

matt22

But a simple lesson in mechanics is required for you on gears and ratios, if I have a 2:1 gear and I move one gear 2 revolutions to make the other gear move one revolution, if the one revolution gear is attached to a 26 inch wheel it will move 26 inches if its attached to a 29 wheel it will move 29 inches, with me so far. You can change gears but your wheel will still move the same distance per revolution, any questions so far.

Go tell your friends what you have learnt

I have learnt that while it could be possible to have your cake and eat it, it very much looks like some Pi(e) has been completely forgotten…….. 😉

rOcKeTdOg

Mmn pie, now you’re talking, but I’d much rather have a 29″ pie than a 26 or 27.5″ one 😉

roverpig

I think the lady above may have beaten us to the pies 🙂

ahwiles
    Free Member

matt22 – Member

Ahwiles
    thanks for you tips you had best pass them on to the bike industry so they stop The foolish production of 29ers We can just struggle along with flat tyres instead.

But a simple lesson in mechanics is required for you on gears and ratios, if I have a 2:1 gear and I move one gear 2 revolutions to make the other gear move one revolution, if the one revolution gear is attached to a 26 inch wheel it will move 26 inches if its attached to a 29 wheel it will move 29 inches, with me so far. You can change gears but your wheel will still move the same distance per revolution, any questions so far.

you’re hilarious!

(you are kidding, right?…)

pie? – i’m having 2 for lunch!

🙂

psling
    Free Member

Anyone visited India or China? The answer to the question may be found there…

mattjg
    Free Member

The poll is showing 26″ 72%, 29″ 26%, and 650b 2%, for “my main bike”.

So the answer is “not yet” I think.

Would be interesting to hear responses to “my next bike”.

rewski
    Free Member

Oops, should of seen this coming from lapierre

rewski
    Free Member

maxtorque

^^^ Do my wheels look big in this………… ?

(Frankly, yes!)

Viewing 11 posts - 81 through 91 (of 91 total)

The topic ‘Are 26ers really dead’ is closed to new replies.