Viewing 24 posts - 81 through 104 (of 104 total)
  • Ard'Rock – Oddities
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

Last year the Sunday ticket allowed limited practice on the Saturday. I would very much doubt you will be able to ride Sunday without a sunday entry.
    I too suffer from beer envy and that is part of the reason it was Saturday or not racing for me.

orena45

Enter the sunday – is friday practice available for sundayists? if so, do that, then what? hang about on the saturday? not really party on the saturday night as your only race is the sunday.

No Friday practice for Sunday riders. I think I read the organisers are leading local rides out for those not racing, so Sunday racers can head out for a chilled ride the day before.

andybrad

would have liked to do the saturday but got me and 8 mates in on the sunday instead. Sunday night will be a nice chilled out affair with much beer and whiskey i think.

AlexSimon

sounds good orena45

What’s wrong with having lots of beer on the Sat night and then having a big fry-up in the morning and doing the Sunday Enduro – you’re obviously all getting soft!

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Was up at 5.45 – shit all together, half way through filling in details and the site kicked me out. That’ll be my fault then.

Thats what happened to my mate who was trying to get a few of us in.

Fkd it off and booked on the Sunday instead. Means we’ll be fresh for the Saturday night party 😉

darrenspink
    Free Member

Managed to get in on saturday with another four mates.

Looks like allowing up to 8 places was a bad idea. Plenty of folk not getting details in within that 12mins.

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

Should have put it the calendar, forgot about it until I was on the train – thought I’d get into work and book in. Now on the waiting list….. what are the chances?

sandwicheater

@tuskaloosa

How did you get on the waiting list?

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

when I entered my details it said something to the effect you are on the waiting list and we shall get back to you as soon as a place becomes available with the opportunity to book… this was only for the Sunday though

funkrodent

My mate got hoofed off the site trying to get four of us on. Not timed out, just buggy. I’ve used eventbrite for work before when we’ve done our own events. Has been fine, but then not 1000s of people trying to get on at the same time..
    No matter, we’re on for the Sunday, so am hoping for a late morning start time in order to accommodate inevitable hangover!
    Last (this) yr there was practice on the Saturday for the main event because the Sport Enduro didn’t ride all the stages. This obviously won’t apply for 2016

nickc

From their FB feed…

Ard Rock Ticket update: All Saturday Enduro tickets were clicked on within 15 seconds, which is why they were showing as unavailable shortly after 0630.

ah well…

stevedoc
    Free Member

Tried for 8 minutes to get these booked for the Saturday ,it would appear the places were gone within 90 seconds of going live , so the Sport was booked , Friday night beer , Saturday ride out , no beer Sat night , and Sunday win Vet section in sport , or just ride out and try not to kill me self

woodster

Sport suits me fine. Oddly when I first checked it wanted me to sign up to a reserve list, but just looked again now and booked a ticket.

Now I just need to decide which tyres to run. 😉

colournoise

nickc – Member
    From their FB feed…
    Ard Rock Ticket update: All Saturday Enduro tickets were clicked on within 15 seconds, which is why they were showing as unavailable shortly after 0630.
    ah well…

Matches my experience this morning. Lucky I’m stubborn and kept hitting refresh. About 6-40 it briefly went from unavailable to choose your number of entries. Guess I got lucky as the early birds timed out trying to enter multiple riders.

cakefacesmallblock

Managed to get on the Saturday, with two mates. First Enduro too, Super Vet though. What could possibly go wrong ? 😳

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Matches my experience this morning. Lucky I’m stubborn and kept hitting refresh. About 6-40 it briefly went from unavailable to choose your number of entries. Guess I got lucky as the early birds timed out trying to enter multiple riders.

Aye, I nearly got one a couple of times, just too slow.

The ability to put in 8 entries at once is a nonsense, should be 1 person 1 entry, basically lots of people got entries who didn’t even get out of bed.

Luckily I’m not bitter…. 😀

mark88

Fortunately one of my mates was on the ball this morning and got entries for 5 of us for Saturday.

I’d have preferred the Sunday as it’s likely to be my only event of the year so I’ll be far from race fit, but to make a weekend of it Saturday is the only option really.

sl80
    Free Member

The problem with people saying it should be one entry per person means it would of put way more strain on the site coping with the extra traffic.

The harsh reality of the whole situation is that people were bound to miss out and that’s the way of the world. This years event was sold out (roughly 800 in the enduro and 300/400ish I think? in the Saturday event) and the camping fields were packed. They haven’t got the space at the Dales Centre to make it much bigger so the only way they could possibly expand and keep more punters happy in future is put on even more events. But in turn that puts more strain on the local community and the private land that they are lucky to get access to.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

The problem with people saying it should be one entry per person means it would of put way more strain on the site coping with the extra traffic.

I disagree, see Glastonbury etc.

and the camping fields were packed

No they weren’t there was loads of space.

yorkycsl
    Free Member

Won’t be trying to get a entry again, did the Sunday this year & yeah it was good apart from being held up mid stage by plenty of slower riders but after the farce of trying to get it this time forget it, I’ll put the money towards a week in the Alps or Spain.

beano68
    Free Member

Loads of space ??? @Nobeerinthefridge It was friccin rammed this year 😐

stcolin
    Free Member

12 minutes for 8 people is pushing it. I just about managed my single entry for the Saturday with my sausage fingers. Looking forward to it 🙂

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Loads of space ??? @Nobeerinthefridge It was friccin rammed this year

No it wasn’t, just about everyone had plenty of space around them, the usual, if there ain’t lines people park miles away from each other. There was a load of stewards at the entrance when I went in, if they had done what a lot of events do and shown people into spaces, there would have been half the bloody field left.

I arrived at nearly 10pm on the Friday night, and got a space no probs, about 50m from the start.

beano68
    Free Member

We was near the dales centre in the corner and it was rammed there so clearly you had a less busy area … your meaning of loads of space is clearly different to mine obvs !

Viewing 24 posts - 81 through 104 (of 104 total)

The topic ‘Ard'Rock – Oddities’ is closed to new replies.