Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • 'Ardrock enduro, so much for "riding with your mates"
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

I managed to talk one of the lads into entering the saturday race on the basis that we could ride the main course together and just shoot off on the timed bits then meet back up.
    Lad in question struggles a bit confidence wise and likes a bit of encouragemnt /piss taking whatever.
    It would appear start times are based on your surname and there’s no changing it. Bit dissapointed really.

squoglybob
    Free Member

I’ve registered myself and my mate for the Enduro on Sunday, i booked both places and we are 300 odd spaces apart and that equates to an hour and a half, thr whole reason for entering was to pitch one off the other.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Yeah we registered at the same time. However the sport was always billed as a relaxed format, ride with your mates etc. Just dissapointed for my riding buddy as that was the plan.

boxelder

Just ride for half a mile, then sit and wait for him. The transitions aren’t timed are. Claim that your headset broke and it took a while to fashion a new crown race from your mint sauce bottle opener or something.

lecky94
    Free Member

Me and three other mates all signed up at different times but as the same team name,we got the same start time no problem.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

There have been a couple of emails recently telling entrants if they want to ride together to log in and do so, you must have missed them. 5 of us all riding together.

eddie11
    Free Member

i think the system worked for the majority but not all

spacehopper

i updated my teamname on the website after getting the email.. (and checked it!)

checked the start list.. and im an hour later than everyone else in the team.. and my teamname has vanished..!

someone else in our ‘team’ has no teamname in the start times list and has been given the same start time as everyone else in it..

most odd!

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

We did the team name thing and our start times are spread out over 2 hours…

Bit sh*t if you ask me. PMBA is awesome in that respect, just choose what time you go on the day.

bennyb
    Free Member

I’ve ended up 11.05, the last riders are 11.30…so better pull my finger out!

rhid

which Saturday race? I thought the all mountain challenge started at 13.30 and everyone started together?

mintimperial

Hmm. Same here. Same team name as my mate – start times 1h10 apart. Slightly annoying, that. 😕

hopkinsgm

There are two races on Saturday rhid – Enduro Sport and AM Challenge. Both using the same course with 3x stages, but the Enduro Sport is enduro format (timed on the 3x stages only) and the AM Challenge is sportive format (timed for the whole lap of 3x stages and liaisons/transitions/pedaly bits). Enduro Sport start times from 10:15 to 12:30, AM Challenge start time is 13:30 to 14:00. Clearly if one is doing one race and one is doing the other, start times are going to be different.

And as for riding with your mates, there’s a group of 20 or so of us that entered for the Sunday event independently. Team thing seems to have worked out fine for us.

It’s pretty much inevitable that as an event grows, things will change – some things work, some things don’t, some things may only work with relatively small numbers whereas bigger entries require a bit more organisation. They did the “choose your slot at registration” thing last year – it worked OK but towards the end of registration there was a lot of slots that had one or two spaces and as we were riding as a group of 3 we ended up with a later start time than we would have liked.

slordy
    Free Member

Me & 2 mates entered then logged back in & put a team name all got 9.30am start together so smiles all round here, do the pmba series and the relaxed choose your time slot works great but theres 350 riders at most not 1000 like ard rock guess some are just unlucky

johnny5
    Free Member

10 places between me and my mates for the enduro on Sunday , but same start time.do you have to start at least the first stage in race order?

mintimperial

Nah, if it’s remotely similar to last year there’s a massive hill up to the start of stage 1, takes quarter of an hour or so just to get up there so plenty of time to sort yourselves out. And I don’t think they care what order you roll over the line so long as you’re in the right time slot.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘'Ardrock enduro, so much for "riding with your mates"’ is closed to new replies.