Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • 'Ard Rock – Magic Mary of Habs Dampf
  • mbqwerty
    Free Member

Ard rock coming up…. now second guessing tyre choices. Just curious of opinion, is the magic mary going to be too ‘burly’ for the rocky terrain and would it be better to go Hans Dampf on the front…

stevedoc
    Free Member

Mary for me . loved it all over the lakes on loose and sharp stuff ,much better than my Shorty ,never rated the Han dampf

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I never found the Hans Dampf to be good at anything. Supergravity Mary up front for me, Trail boss rear, mainly because I can’t be arsed changing to something a bit quicker.

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

Mary up front, razor out back if it stays dry, if not ill be on a rear dampf

andybrad

hd front trail king rear for me

mbqwerty
    Free Member

I think I’m one of the few people who actually really likes the HD up front… more concerned about the bite in loose stuff really so I think mary up front then!
    Would love the Rock Razor on the back but couldn’t get one in time… and you know, money! Nobby Nic Double Defence for me. Did me proud going down the ranger path at snowdon and all the rocky peak descents

andybrad

i like it

beano68
    Free Member

I’d go MM up front, I used HD front and rear last year and didn’t give me much confidence on the looser stuff

But saying that I’d bought the maxxis aggressor for this years Ard Rock but can’t go now due to health issues

Kahurangi

I’m going Advantage (Tough, Grip) front, Trail Boss (Tough Fast) rear. I have some very worn MM SuperGravity as backups.

The Mrs. will have MM (Trailstar Snakeskin) front, Trail Boss (Tough Fast) rear

The HD is a bit of a mincey tyre really, lean it over and you’ll tear the shoulders off. The front has much less of an effect on rolling speed and it an enduro, just get off the brakes a bit more to make up for it.

dizcostix
    Free Member

rock razor front and rear if dry!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘'Ard Rock – Magic Mary of Habs Dampf’ is closed to new replies.