Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • ard rock enduro, injuries /mountain rescue?
  • andybrad

So i wonder how many folks were injured last year? I saw a lot of mountain rescue knocking about. Im just curious if anyone knows how many times they went out to rescue folks?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Never seen any mountain rescue as such, but at least 2 guys getting carted off the hill on the back of the marshalls motorbikes.

Racing hard on fast, rocky terrain with constant blustery winds, always gonna get issues.

orena45

Seem to remember the helicopter circling around Stage 3 last year on the Sunday whilst I was out I think?

Simon

Just had a quick look at the Swaledale MRT website. Don’t know if the incident list covers all call outs but there’s nothing for the dates of last year’s event weekend.

100mph
    Free Member

The helicopter was there scraping up a roadie who mullered himself going down the hill we were going up Btw stages 3 & 4.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Wasn’t the guy who crashed badly on stage 1 on the Sunday get airlifted off? Someone fannying around walking down a section and then jumped back on his bike at the bottom without looking to see whether anyone was coming down?

And there was a guy who got carried off stage 3 later in the day. Stage was closed for a while and then re-routed around the crash zone.

yorkshire89
    Free Member

Somebody was airlifted from stage 3 on the Sunday last year with chest and abdominal injuries.
    He was in critical condition from what the local press story said.

andybrad

i found a local rag suggesting 40 incidents….

riklegge

Mountain rescue teams are often used as “event cover”, a bit like St Johns Ambulance are; would this account for it?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘ard rock enduro, injuries /mountain rescue?’ is closed to new replies.