Viewing 38 posts - 161 through 198 (of 198 total)
  • Ard Rock Enduro 2016
  • richardkennerley

Does the route traditionally go through any villages, or is it entirely remote? I know we’re advised to be self sufficient but i’m just wondering if there’s a chance to get a cold can of coke along the way!! (or more sensibly, somewhere to top up with water)

stevedoc
    Free Member

I must admit im just a little looking forward to it ,but the plans to ride around Swaledale on Saturday might be a little bit to much as after 2 weekends in the lakes and Peaks I think im giving my legs a rest , im broken today but never say never

Simon

The route in previous years went through one small village with a pub (didn’t see a shop). I think there were two places along the route where they were giving out bottles of water.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Does the route traditionally go through any villages, or is it entirely remote? I know we’re advised to be self sufficient but i’m just wondering if there’s a chance to get a cold can of coke along the way!! (or more sensibly, somewhere to top up with water)

There’s a pub and shop between stages 2 and 3.

richardkennerley

Good to know, cheers

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Anyone know if you can use a car on practice?

I’m not entirely sure you’ll get a car down some of the stages. A bike would be much better 😀

goby

After the end of stage 3 last year they had a water stop where you could refill camelbaks etc.

gibbonarms
    Free Member

As my full suspension bike is in bits, I’ve decided to ‘race’ the hardtail, it should be a plush upgrade from my usual rigid ard rock bike, but may still be a bit fruity when cracking on.

Who else is on ‘ardtail?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Gibbonarms, keep an eye out for your old van. 😆

MonkeyMechanic
    Free Member

On behalf of a friend]
    I thought I would post here, rather than creating a new thread for now.
    I’m getting the train to the ‘ard rock from London, and was wondering would anyone know a cab service up there that would be willing to take a bike. Or preferably, anyone heading there on the Friday, that could make a detour past a train station, that has room for a little one and his bike?
    I’ll provide beverages and good times

crotchrocket
    Free Member

is it a girl or a bloke?

crumb
    Free Member

A bloke
    (The freind)

FFJA
    Free Member

I farm the riverside lane before langthwaite, I’ll sell ya a can of coke as you come past

stevedoc
    Free Member

After the the bearing death that was just a “quick clean ” on my rear hub on my full bounce , im seriously tempted to take my 650+ ardtail ,and if it is going to lump it down i may just do that , lightweight climber and monster truck downer just depends how rocky it is

jaylittle
    Free Member

Remember to call in at the RWD stand as they are giving away free brake pads to all riders.

mark88

Monkey Mechanic – Having missed out last year due to transport issues, I would love to help but I’m leaving Sheffield early Friday morning, which I guess isn’t any help.
    Probably worth posting on here again, there’s bound to be someone heading up at a more sociable hour on Friday.

postierich
    Free Member

Monkey Magic if you can get to Oxenholme Station on the Main line around 5pm I will pick you up but I need to be there for 7pm as I,m marshalling and need to be at a briefing

Oh and can you clarify what “good times” mean 🙂

flip456
    Free Member

Wow, BBC are issuing a high winds weather warning for Sunday. Added to my lack of riding lately, this should make the day a smidge tougher.

mrtickle
    Free Member

Went up last night for a bit and the wind made it really tough, especially at the top of stage 1.

But I’d be more concerned about rain for stage 2 because it would turn into a very steep mud slide (it’s comnpletely different from last year’s stage 2….)

geuben
    Free Member

Do we need to bring any printed out tickets or anything?

nhaxby
    Free Member

I’m not too far away from this, is there enough going on in the pits to call up for the craic and a beer? or do you really have to be entered to go? Cheers..

jaylittle
    Free Member

May have to reconsider my tyre choice….

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Wind at top of stage 3 the first year was a bit tasty!

unsponsored
    Free Member

Where would be a good place to take photos? Anyone know where the route is going?

crotchrocket
    Free Member

half way up the last stage – not too far from the camp site & a nice few drops & stuff.

Simon

Here’s the route from 2014, as said above stage 5 is easiest to get to from The Dales Bike Centre

https://www.strava.com/segments/7795910

unsponsored
    Free Member

Last stage is Fremington edge?

Edit: Looks like the crag to the East of the Fremington edge route.

Simon

Last stage has been from the top of the east end of Fremington Edge down to Hard Stiles. No idea if it’ll be the same this year.

zeesaffa
    Free Member

Anyone know what the chances are of getting a place for Saturday’s race?
    There must be loads of no-shows so will undoubtedly have places availble… Or do you ned to sort that beofre turning up by getting on waiting list?

zeesaffa
    Free Member

Whst tyres are you riding?
    Ive got a Mary up front but not sure if Minion SS on back is too optimistic!

SirHC

Minion front and back currently, may throw an SS on the back. See what the weather does.

jaylittle
    Free Member

Not sure how much use the strava link will be. I was under the impression the route changed each year. For 2016 there are 6 timed stages. Running a specialized purgatory on the rear, still undecided on the front I’ll see what the weather does.

flip456
    Free Member

Im going Mary front and hans rear, but I might change that, maybe, possibly…

richwak
    Free Member

Practised the three stages today and they are awesome but in the process i have strained my claf so will be unable to race tomorrow so i have a place available for the full enduro Saturday. Start time is 11:00 . I am happy to drive up and register in the morning and get the number board etc using my id. Anyone on here like to buy my place. Will be great especially with the dry conditions and fine weather forcast tomorrow.
    Email me on richwak@yahoo.co.uk

jaylittle
    Free Member

Rich I mentioned on your other thread, somebody on here was asking earlier.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

What an brilliant race never been to a bike race like it. Was at ride 100 in London and while that was bigger in terms of numbers it didn’t have the atmosphere that the Ard Rock has.

Next year I will be putting time aside to be able to spend a long weekend there. Couldn’t believe the numbers of people, at an Enduro race 300+ is a big field, to see plates with numbers in the 2000s on them was just nuts.

The stages themselves were awesome enjoyed them all.

tang
    Free Member

My old friend Jamie Nicol got a late entry last week, anyone see how he got on? Kiwi, riding for Santa Cruz/hope

mark88

My old friend Jamie Nicol got a late entry last week, anyone see how he got on? Kiwi, riding for Santa Cruz/hope

2nd behind Leigh Johnson

Viewing 38 posts - 161 through 198 (of 198 total)

The topic ‘Ard Rock Enduro 2016’ is closed to new replies.