Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 198 total)
  • Ard Rock Enduro 2016
  • PrinceJohn
    Free Member

I’m going to have to pull out as my start time is too late – already spoken to them about changing the time, but that’s not a goer didn’t expect such a late start time (11.45!)
    Anyone know if it’s possible to sell the ticket? Seems a shame to waste it as it’s such a popular event.

Potdog
    Free Member

Not ridden in over a month due to travelling and then being ill. Still got a stupid cough but got to try and get a few miles in next week or I’m going to die out there! Got an early start too 😥

earl_brutus

Been offered a spare ticket on this too….. Are they really pushing for photo i.d.? Why so strict?? When ive stood in for sleepless/mayhem riders a squiggle next to ‘your name’ was all that was required………

postierich
    Free Member

Got a weekend spare so will be marshalling I may be drinking the night before 7.30 start for us so stop ya whingeing
    🙂 Will start shouting at you all when my hangover ends don’t be offended

bigfoot
    Free Member

1230 on the Saturday, lovely, means a few beers up in the village on Friday night…

830 on the Sunday, ideal, home in time for Sunday roast!.

advantage to the saturday riders also riding sunday as us sunday riders can’t get any practice. they should of let us practice friday as well.

wont really affect me as i wont be that high up the placings.

postierich
    Free Member

Why do you need to practice?
    😯

PrinceJohn
    Free Member

Well I’ve just heard from the organiser and their policy has left a bit of a sour taste to be honest.
    The start time they’ve given me is too late in the day for my circumstances. (8hr drive home after the event) and their refund policy is 50% refund up to a month before the event (I think this is acceptable) but they don’t publish the start times until less than a month before the event and don’t allow transfer of entry.

I won’t be joining the signing up rush next year. Shame.

darrenspink
    Free Member

Well I’ve just heard from the organiser and their policy has left a bit of a sour taste to be honest.
    The start time they’ve given me is too late in the day for my circumstances. (8hr drive home after the event) and their refund policy is 50% refund up to a month before the event (I think this is acceptable) but they don’t publish the start times until less than a month before the event and don’t allow transfer of entry.

I won’t be joining the signing up rush next year. Shame.

Didn’t you consider the possibility that you may get a later morning start time and the event may take up most of your day?

darrenspink
    Free Member

Why wouldn’t you want to practice sections of a stage where its either technical or you can reduce time by finding a great line?

PrinceJohn
    Free Member

Didn’t you consider the possibility that you may get a later morning start time and the event may take up most of your day?

To be quite honest, no, the Sunday event was spoken about being much more relaxed affair, and seeing the start times being between 8 and 12 thought I could just turn up and queue to start in a wave of riders, didn’t realise they were so organised giving you start times. So yes ignorance on my part, but getting the start time after the cut off for a partial refund and the no transfers had left the sour taste as I know how popular the event is and think it’s a shame at this stage no one else can take my place.

mark88

That’s a shame PrinceJohn. The organisers aren’t doing themselves any favours with this sort of thing.

There are no time penatlies, so it may be worth asking if you can set off with an earlier group. If that’s a no go, try to swap number plate with someone else (or take one of the unused rides in above posts), as long as you keep your own timing chip I’m not sure if anyone would be able to tell?

Simon

I’m sure some of my mates managed to swap start times the day before the race after they’d signed on last year.

100mphplus
    Free Member

You say ‘contact the organisers’, I have been trying for the past week and am getting no reply!!

I entered myself and 4 other riders and yes I admit I feked up and didn’t check one box, so there’s one rider with a diff start to the other 4, (3 hrs diff), I’ve been trying to get the odd one changed but fek all replies so far, so resided to try and sort on race weekend.

mtbrog
    Free Member

It may help, we had a similar situation where one of us had accidentally been entered as an Elite rider, this meant a 07.45 start, whereas the rest of the group were a 10.05 start. I contacted the organisers who came back to me within the hour to say that register at the correct time then wait and go off with your group at their start time. So all is well! I assume those of you with a similar circumstance may be able to do the same, but obviously this needs checking out.

mtbrog
    Free Member

It may help, we had a similar situation where one of us had accidentally been entered as an Elite rider, this meant a 07.45 start, whereas the rest of the group were a 10.05 start. I contacted the organisers who came back to me within the hour to say that register at the correct time then wait and go off with your group at their start time. So all is well! I assume those of you with a similar circumstance may be able to do the same, but obviously this needs checking out.

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

anyone planning on riding with a full face? all those rocks are making me think about whether a FF is needed?

goby

10:15 start for me and my mate, did it last year and na a full face isn’t really needed. The banter from everybody is really good and everyone i met was really frendily and chatty. Your love it and be back for more next year! 🙂

Paul@RTW
    Free Member

I rode in a full face the last couple of years. Of course, you don’t need one…until you need one which could be on any track, anywhere. If you’re happy riding for a few hours in one, why not? It’s pretty rocky and loose.

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

Thanks goby and Paul.

mark88

mtbrog and 100mphplus – it sounds like you had the same issue as me, I have been allocated a start time 2.5 hours earlier than my mates.

I contacted them via Eventbrite and then facebook, and got a response through both. They told me I had selected that I was elite, my mate who did our entries is certain this was not the case. It looks like there may be an error on their part if multiple people have had the same issue.

I was told to register at my allocated time, then wait and set off with my mates.

richardkennerley

Does an early start mean you’re with Elite riders then? I’ve got 8:15 start on the Sunday and I ticked the “just hoping to make it round” box. I genuinely think I’ll be lucky if I do get round without my lungs bursting

slimporcini
    Free Member

Sunday is the fun enduro. same route but all the fast boys will be riding Saturday.

handybendyhendo
    Free Member

I think it is ‘those that got up in time and entered’ will be riding Saturday…….

richardkennerley

Oh I got up in time, I’m just not in the slightest bit competitive. Just wanted to take part and take on the atmosphere do went for Sunday.

Edit… Not competitive means not fit and fast enough to be competitive!!

bigfoot
    Free Member

i would be quite happy to have no practice but only if it was the same for everyone, as it is saturday riders also riding sunday will have a big advantage.

handybendyhendo
    Free Member

Hah – I entered the Saturday as I thought it was the main event…….I have no objective other than not being last……..so delusions of speed!

wrightyson
    Free Member

Saturday is the main event this year 😉

goby

Ah im just going to go round and enjoy it, so dont worry handybendyhendo i see you at the back of the pack! 🙂

jaylittle
    Free Member

RK I ticked the same box and also have an 8.15 start.

SirHC

8am start for me, rest of the group are starting at 10.30. See what can be done on the day.

darrenspink
    Free Member

Anyone know if you can use a car on practice?

andybrad

so still no training for me. Im going to get some pratice in this weekend at kendal calling.

itll be fine….. (look for the fat lad crying, thatll be me)

stevedoc
    Free Member

Four of us managed to book for the sport as like most the full fat race was booked in seconds , Ive been hammering the Peaks and Lakes this past month and really looking forward to it , not interested in coming first ,and not bothered if I come last just as long as I don’t come off.

“Shiggles” is the way forward , just need to find a good ride out for Saturday pre beer and meat

richardkennerley

Second ride in 14 weeks the other day. Did 21 miles around Staveley/Kentmere with 5100ft climbing. Was knackered but I made it. Should be able to potter round the Ardrock route, it’ll just take a while!

tops5
    Free Member

Will be plodding round out of shape and no mates stylee as my mate has bailed

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

another billy no mates here tops 5 as I seem to be the only person in my group who was interested in the Ard Rock but coming up with the family – am riding the Sprint

jaylittle
    Free Member

Setting off at 8.15 ish on the sunday… there’s 12 of us (probably going up Friday to get used to the altitude etc). If you are going solo and want to join us (beers sun aft/eve) your more than welcome…. emails in profile.

ready

Quick tyre question: Will Bontrager SE4 (f) & SE3 (r) be adequate? Not really sure what to expect!

cakefacesmallblock

Far from being elite, in fact , far from being fast, fit , young or strong . Have a pre 9am start time, with my two mates, on the Saturday. Regardless of disqualification, or the huge bollocking from my physio, for taking part at all, I imagine I’ll finish at some point on the Sunday.
    Apprehensively looking forward to it though.

tops5
    Free Member

I’m in the main race 11.30 start – set some ok times in the sport race last year but hope I don’t get in the way if the quick ones this year

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 198 total)

The topic ‘Ard Rock Enduro 2016’ is closed to new replies.