Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 276 total)
  • Ard Rock 2018
  • Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Ie. they knew the weather was going to be wet at Ard rock but there were minimal showers and the showers that weren’t broken down had run out of water.

You must’ve been at a different Ard rock from me….

dizcostix
    Free Member

erm, it rained the full week leading up to ard rock, the camping fields were sodden on arrival on friday. Granted it didn’t rain during most of Saturday but it started raining at 3:30 4ish as I finished stage 6. It also hammered with rain into the sunday morning. The field I was camped in – had 2 shower ‘blocks’, one of which was not working at 5:30pm on the saturday when the queue for the 3 working showers was massive.

Maybe it was nice for you in your T5?

bigtimebones
    Free Member

erm, it rained the full week leading up to ard rock, the camping fields were sodden on arrival on friday. Granted it didn’t rain during most of Saturday but it started raining at 3:30 4ish as I finished stage 6. It also hammered with rain into the sunday morning. The field I was camped in – had 2 shower ‘blocks’, one of which was not working at 5:30pm on the saturday when the queue for the 3 working showers was massive.

I think you are thinking of Ard Moors not Ard Rock

beano68
    Free Member

Already got my place on the Enduro next year ! Thanks to my wife who marshalled at Ard Moors this year standing in the manky weather for 2 days 😆 either 50 a day or an entry to the main race … She’s a keeper 😮

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Okay, I’ll make it clearer. It didn’t rain at ard rock….

I’ve did every ard rock and none of them have been wet, mibbe that chip on your shoulder also attracts a wee rain cloud over your head?….

sr0093193
    Free Member

We can take a vote. I vote it did rain.

trout
    Free Member

It certainly did not rain at the top of section 3 until the event had finished
    I should know as was there all day
    Then it chucked down a shower as we took the tape down

jamesoz

It threw it down when I was at the pub stop in the sprint, I had to stay for a third pint.

Maybe higher prices will mean I can get an entry in the main Enduro for once, rather than hearing about lots sacking it off as the weather looks crap.

bigfoot
    Free Member

it rained a little just as i was leaving late saturday afternoon.
    why the need for working showers, its a weekend of biking, beer and camping 😆
    must admit it would have been nice to have the option of a shower at ard moors though.

doubledunter
    Free Member

why the need for working showers

T- bagging a plastic basin is the way to go, no need to q up either 😯

Lived like this for week in the North West Highlands last year 😀

enigmas
    Free Member

Anyone know whether there’s seeding at Ard Rock?

My girlfriend and I are planning on going but don’t know whether we’d get split up, especially as they have a female cat this year? Is it a free for all at the top of the stages or is there a starting list ala ukge?

jaylittle
    Free Member

If you both enter the same event, claim similar ability and add the same team name you should get the same start time.

bigjim

I didn’t do it last year but in previous years you’re grouped in start time by team name, alphabetically. So if you were both team enigmas you’d be able to ride together and argue with each other all the way round the course, before arguing what to have for dinner after and trying not to look at each other in the tent in between making threats of let’s just go home. Not sure if the team system is in place this year as before though, haven’t checked.

akira

Trouble at home bigjim? 😉

ton

just had a email.
    i was going to enter the marathon, for a nice day out (40miles)
    £54 + £2.50 booking has changed my mind.

i can ride a 48 mile route from Reeth every weekend of the year, and have a cuppa halfway round for the same price. 😆

dair86
    Free Member

[erm, it rained the full week leading up to ard rock, the camping fields were sodden on arrival on friday. Granted it didn’t rain during most of Saturday but it started raining at 3:30 4ish as I finished stage 6. It also hammered with rain into the sunday morning. The field I was camped in – had 2 shower ‘blocks’, one of which was not working at 5:30pm on the saturday when the queue for the 3 working showers was massive.]

Aye it was a wee bit wet under foot, but the trails were running fine, a few rain showers druing my race on saturday, but nothing to put me off having a cracking day out.

As for the shower facilities, yes you could Q and get a warm shower or like me, go for the full Dudes of Hazzard Enduro experience and just jump in the river for a wash. This is far quicker and leaves more time for getting those recovery beers in.

Roll on 2018!!!

lowey

Sport is £61. Fine by me as I’ll be making a full weekend of it.

oikeith

Cant go as its the same date as the wedding anniversary…There’s always next year!

mindmap3
    Free Member

Okay, I’ll make it clearer. It didn’t rain at ard rock….

It did (a wee bit). I got rained on the climb to the top of Stage 3.

The campsite etc seemed fine though and not wet etc – my mates managed not to get their massive RV stuck.

stevedoc
    Free Member

Well that was easy

enigmas
    Free Member

Refreshed at 06:29:59 and already sold out! Easier to get glastonbury tickets than ard rock 😐

Tiger6791

😯

Was undecided, prefer longer less technical stuff, pressed F5 and decision was made for me….

Marathon it is then….

bgascoyne
    Free Member

so much for 6:30, someone’s clock is wrong! 3 seconds and all gone.

orena45

Not in…was refreshing then in on the dot but it wouldn’t allocate 2 tickets for the main enduro straight away and then sold out a few seconds later! Tried for the Sport Enduro straight away, same thing (2 to tickets being too high), then sold out seconds later!

lowey

Got 2 for sport. no Bother.

Paul@RTW
    Free Member

Well that was easy

Not from where I’m sitting. “Not available” seconds after 6:30. “Sold Out” at 6:31. Now sat here clicked Refresh every few minutes…I don’t know why I’m bothering to be honest.

mulv1976
    Free Member

Main event sold out within 30 seconds!? All enduro events within 2 minutes!

How the hell are you supposed to get tickets? 🙁

bedfordrd

3 for the sport – and we’re in! Now to get another 30 mins kip…

bedfordrd

Don’t tickets get allocated for 20 mins? Then re-released if not completed in time? (sure that’s happened previous years??)

slightreturn
    Free Member

Just got our tickets. Decent. Excited about it. A superb event which takes a hell of a lot of organising,
    Hence the cost. So well done ardrock guys

mulv1976
    Free Member

No wonder they can afford to put the prices up! They could probably double it and still sell out

Paul@RTW
    Free Member

Don’t tickets get allocated for 20 mins?

That’s what several people said last year – one mate got in 90 minutes later when some more became ‘unheld’. I’m not sitting here ‘refreshing’ for 90 minutes.

slightreturn
    Free Member

In regards to showers. Buy one of those solar showers at a camping shop. Let it heat up in your tent all day, then hang it from a tree/ van and your good. No fuss

akira

In, clicked and got in first time, not sure what the problem is 😈

Potdog
    Free Member

Got 4 tickets no bother. Sure there will be some released about now as if like our group all tried to enter and then only 1 went through to complete. Keep refreshing guys!

mrtickle
    Free Member

It always seems to open slightly before 6:30 so you’ve got to be refreshing for a couple of minutes beforehand. Got our tickets so will make the most of the early start on my morning off by going for a ride in Swaledale…

Gaz.dick
    Free Member

woop! in for the sport on the sunday 🙂
    ridden the sport and the full enduro, 2018, solo, on a hardtail, thought id take it easy and enjoy the sunday 🙂

astormatt
    Free Member

Me and a few mates got tickets for the sport…
    So, will i survive on a 130mm hardtail?

mark90
    Free Member

In with a group of 6 for the main enduro. Of the 3 of us up early and refreshing before 6.29 only one was successful at getting any tickets, so we won’t be releasing any.

andybrad

sprint for me, very very quick this year

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 276 total)

The topic ‘Ard Rock 2018’ is closed to new replies.